Sunday, January 15, 2012

Does gender make a difference in pregnancy?

I've heard people say that they really can't tell a difference between their pregnancies of different genders and I've heard others speak of emotional differences and physical differences etc.  Well I am going to talk a little about the differences between this pregnancy and my other two.

Audree's pregnancy:
-I was laying on the couch for 3 months sick
-My hair was thicker and fuller, nails were stronger
-My acne was a little better than it normally is
-Heartburn was mostly during the 3rd trimester
-I was extremely excited the moment I found out I was pregnant
-Didn't start feeling sick tile about 6 1/2 weeks
-After sickness no real aversions

Arya's pregnancy
-I wasn't nearly as sick with Arya but I was pretty constantly nauseous til about 15 weeks
-My hair was thicker and fuller, nails were stronger
-My acne was a littler better than normal
-Heartburn came during the second trimester
-I was extremely excited the moment I found out I was pregnant
-Started feeling sick right at 4 weeks
-After sickness a small aversion to chicken(mostly because I had some while sick)

Baby boys pregnancy so far
-Only really sick for like 2 weeks but had the blahs and a bit of nausea til about 14 weeks
-In the beginning emotionally detached from the pregnancy
-Lots of anxiety and panic attacks at the beginning of the pregnancy
-Acne is worse than normal
-Heartburn was really bad from the very beginning and let up a bit after first trimester blahs went away
-My hair is falling out like crazy more so than it did after the girls pregnancies
-My nails are brittle and constantly breaking, which isn't normal for me
-All around it's been an easier pregnancy
-A consistent and strong aversion to all vegetables
-A newly developed obsession with pineapple

Maybe these things don't seem like much but they have made a big difference to me.  It's one of the main reasons I really thought this baby was a boy.  It's just been a way different pregnancy.  On the whole I have felt better but emotionally maybe has been a little harder.  It kinda stinks to have my acne so bad and to be constantly losing my hair.  And I hate having my nails short so it's driving me bonkers that they keep breaking.  At first I was extremely tired and wanted to sleep all day long but now I don't actually get tired enough to go to bed til like 11 or 12...but then again I do sleep until 8/8:30.



2 comments:

Jill said...

It's fun to see the differences. My 2 were very similar so I wonder if I have a boy, if it will be different. I'm hoping I won't be as sick with a boy. I guess we'll find out. I'm so excited that your having a boy this time. Time to mix things up a little.

Jordan and Leslie said...

I noticed differences between my boy and girl pregnancy's as well. With Zoe I was very emotional and got acne and didn't get quite as sick but through out the whole pregnancy I would randomly all of a sudden just throw up and there was no was to stop it. With Brennen I was sick but after that I was pretty much fine. No mood swings like I did with Zoe and no acne. It will be fun to see if I have a third what it will be like and if I'll be able to tell. ;)