Monday, January 9, 2012

Over halfway there!


Here is me and baby boy at 22 weeks!  We are over halfway there!  It's funny how much faster pregnancies seem to go when it isn't your first...or even second.  This pregnancy has seemed to fly by for me.  Sometimes I can hardly believe we are over halfway there.  But then at the same time of course I think, Wow! there are still 4ish months left to go!  I'm sure it will go by quickly though.  And we all can't wait to meet this little guy!

I had an appt. with the midwife today and she said everything is really good, all my vitals are good and my ultrasound looked great.  Since my last appointment I have gained 12 lbs!!  Holy flip!  I honestly feel like a hefalump.  Every time I get on the scale I seem to gain another pound.  If things keep up at this rate I'll gain like 50 lbs this pregnancy.  Granted my last appointment was 6 weeks ago but that was 2 lbs a week.  Though I'm sure 5 of those lbs happened the week of Christmas :(  Luckily before those 12 pounds I'd only gained 3.  So I've gained a total of 15 lbs so far this pregnancy.  I was hoping to only gain 30 instead of 35 this pregnancy but the way things look now I don't see that happening.  I have 18 weeks left and I will definitely gain a pound each week and probably 2 near the very end.  Here's to hoping I can at least keep it to 35 like with my other pregnancies!

This little guy inside me moves quite a bit.  He's already decided my bladder is good for kicking and punching :S  I do love feeling him move though.  It's a comfort to know he's in there and the frequent reminders are comforting. 

I'm so excited to be having a boy.  I went shopping today and purchased boy outfits for my very first time(for me).  It was hard not to buy everything baby will need but I kept it to 1 outfit, 1 pajama, and 2 sets of 3 onesies. 

We have decided that over the next few months we are going to finish up most of the decorating in our house.  It's taken long enough and I'm ready to just get a lot of it done.  We are changing the color of the girls bedroom to purple(sort of a dusky purple) because I wasn't every completely satisfied with the blue in there.  Baby boy's room will probably be green(sot of a lime-ish) with white board and batten and black furniture.  For our room we are finally going to get paint on the walls and get some nice furniture in there and curtains.  I can't wait!  Our bedroom completion is actually going to be my birthday present!  I am excited to get started.  I think we've almost decided on the wall color(or accent wall color) being aubergine.  I was thinking blue but decided to go bold or go home.  Plus I've always wanted to use that color but never been gutsy enough and never really had a place to do it.  Now we shall.  Projects never seem to go anywhere in this house so here's to hoping all this stuff will get done!  Especially since I wont be able to do any of the painting!

We still really aren't anywhere on naming this guy.  I know which name I want...and I know which name I would choose second but we'll see how it goes.  We may not make a decision til we are in the hospital, which may drive me completely insane but when you aren't completely agreed what can you do?


My sis-in-law gets married on Saturday!  So we have that to look forward to this week.  Then I have another appointment on January 30th, then I'll have another 3 weeks after that for my glucose test, my birthday is on Feb. 7th, Valentines day is Feb 14th, a book I have been anticipating comes out early March, Arya's and Mark's birthday are late April then this baby is coming in May.  Lots to keep me busy til baby comes.  I'm very excited and can't wait for everything!

2 comments:

Amandalin said...

I like your new blog format!

Jordan and Leslie said...

So excited for you to have a little boy!!!! Also I love your new family pictures!! They are super cute!