Thursday, March 8, 2012

A long day

So yesterday was a bit of a busy day for me.  I had to take part of a meal to a family in our ward and I have recently been called as an Activity Days leader, which is Wednesdays at 4.  I was in charge of bread and salad and my neighbor was in charge of soup and dessert.  That sounded like a good meal to me so I decided to make soup for my family as well and my french bread recipe makes 2 loaves so there would be enough for us as well. 

Because Activity Days is at 4 and the french bread has to rise for a total of like an hour and 30-45 minutes I need a good 2 hours to make it, raise it, then cook it.  So with needing to be somewhere from 4-5/5:30 and dinner needing to go to the family between 5:30 and 6 I started making the bread at 2.  I was disappointed that the bread wouldn't be warm for them but at least the bread is good enough that it would be fine. 

Kind of back tracking on my day a little, I have been trying to work out 4 days a week.  Sometimes it takes me a bit to get to the actual work out.  I usually spend the morning eating and making sure I have plenty of water inside of me and then waiting for all that to settle so I wont feel like throwing up while I'm working out.  Sometimes I get it done before 10 and sometimes I don't get it done til 11/11:30.  Yesterday I decided to add 5 more minutes to my workout and I got done a little after 11.  I grabbed a bag of almonds and a banana and sat down and munched on those for a bit.  I hopped in the shower around 11:30 and was back downstairs around 12.  Just in time to get the girls their lunch!!  So I went to work getting them their chicken nuggets, corn, applesauce and ketchup and ranch.  Then I decided if we were to have soup then it would need to go in the crock pot so it could cook while I was at Activity Days.  The crock pot really isn't my favorite way to do soup so this was a bit of a sacrifice for me.  To make sure the potatoes and carrots turned out very soft I decided to cook them before I put them in the crock pot.  So I spent the time between when I got the girls their lunch and when I needed to start the bread peeling and cutting up onions, garlic, potatoes and carrots and sauteing the onions and garlic then boiling the potatoes and carrots then adding them to the crock with some chicken stock.  This may seem simple to people who cook regularly and normally for me this wouldn't be that big of a deal but my pregnant body does not do well with standing for long periods of time.  And when I am constantly busy for a long time and then start to get rushed then things start to get crazy and I get on the edge. 

So to sum it up I worked out and ended that with a really sore tail bone.  Then I showered and pretty much was standing up from then until 2 and then off and on til 4:15.  My back was completely aching and I just knew I'd gotten myself to the point where I was barely going to be able to walk.  Frustrating, but that is life.  I was happy to be making the meal for another family and I was happy to go to activity days.

Because such goes my days sometimes Audree had only pants on and Arya had only a shirt on and their hair wasn't done.  Around 3:00 I also realized that I hadn't fed myself lunch yet so around 3:30 I was able to sit and feed myself getting interrupted at least 5 times to beat the dough some more and let it rise for 10 more minutes or to get my girls dressed all the way and get their hair done.  Stress levels were pretty high at this point...I mean sometimes a pregnant woman just wants to eat!  My bread was also going to be about 10 minutes after 4 when it got out of the oven.  I texted my fellow leader who's house the activity was at and then right as soon as the bread got out of the oven I buttered it and I rushed me and the girls out the door. 

We knock on the door and of course no one answers.  I texted the other leader again and no response.  Hmmmm.  So I head back home dragging two very angry girls who thought they were going to be playing and bribed them with popsicles to come inside nicely.  I plopped on the couch and...well honestly I was really frustrated.  In my past 2 pregnancies I think at this point I would have been bawling!  My frustrations and physical pains would have all stacked up to just one huge crying outburst.  The weird thing about this pregnancy is I just can't cry!  I'm like all dried up or something.  I want to cry, I feel like crying, my emotions are just as strong as when I do end up crying but I just can't do it.  That tends to be a little frustrating as well.  So instead of crying it out I just get frustrated and feel really angry.  That's how I was feeling yesterday.  To think I could have given our neighbors warm bread or that I could have taken things slower and not killed my back and not added the unnecessary step of the crock pot or that I could have avoided all that unnecessary stress that makes me cranky just was really aggravating.  Why can't I cry? 

Around 5:30 I got a text from the other leader letting me know that she had to cancel for various reasons and called everyone but forget to tell me...oops!  Well that just blows.

Rest assured our neighbors got their yummy meal, we ate a yummy meal and I spent the rest of the night camped on the couch.  I took a nap at about 8:30, then Mark came home from basketball with a sprained ankle and when I needed to get up he had to help me walk, despite his injuries, because my left side of my back just wouldn't allow me to put the weight on it that I need to to walk.  Then I got ready for bed and fell asleep almost instantly.   I will be so happy when this baby boy arrives!!      

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds like a very busy day. I think you have every right to be frustrated, I would be! I hope you're having a better day today!