Yesterday me and the girls were shopping for nearly 4 hours. When I got home all I wanted to do was crash. But of course I put all the groceries away and such. That of course reminded me of one of the reasons I stopped by the grocery store, so we could have homemade pizza for dinner. Every bone in my body screamed for me to stop and sit down but I didn't. I mean I'd bought the stuff for the pizza and I wanted my husband to be happy and I want to stop getting so much take out so I made myself do it. Most of it was agony as I made the dough, cooked the chicken, cooked the sauce, chopped the tomatoes and the chicken, assembled the pizza's etc. You can't deny the results though. They were tasty and probably much healthier than a take out pizza.
At this point my body was really warning me to stop but alas there was just too much to do in preparation for my baby shower this weekend. So I set to work finishing up a project for the girls room. Sitting on the ground or at a table with hard chairs was not what my back and hips had in mind when they begged for me to sit down. But I got the project done and now it can be hung up today.
When I got that done we put the girls to bed and then I promptly laid down on the couch and we watched Psych. Good stuff man! After Psych I was super tired yet found it too hard and to painful to get up. Mark helped me up but it still caused a great amount of pain and I couldn't walk on my own right away. Finally my hips and back adjusted and I made it up the stairs on my own(though still with a lot of pain). I fell asleep, woke up at 2 to use the potty and the rest had done nothing to alleviate my pain so I took 10 minutes trying to hold onto stuff as I made my way to the bathroom. Glamorous I know. By the morning things were finally bearable and I could get out of bed without a lot of pain. But still I was exhausted and not anxious to get anything done. Too bad that a lot of stuff still needs to get done to get this house looking nice. I picked up our bedroom a little bit and did some dusting but now I am sitting down, kind of unwilling to try to clean anymore. So I thought, why don't I blog? I don't really have too much to blog about though...so what do I blog about when there isn't a super interesting topic? My kids of course! And maybe a little extra of this and that. So if you made it through my long and boring introduction maybe you can make it through the long and boring rest of it as I brag/talk about/whine about my kids.
I know I have talked about this before but it still sometimes surprises me how smart our little Arya is. She has been doing this for a few months now but she loves to identify numbers. She never gets it wrong. She isn't yet able to identify anything above 9 because so still sees it as two separate letters but I still think it is impressive. One of her favorite games right now is to tell us a number and we write it for her. She can also identify all of her letters but will still sometimes get some of them wrong. When you write a letter down and try to get her to identify it usually she counters with a letter of her own that she isn't satisfied with until you've written it down a hundred times. She also really enjoys the iwrite program on our ipad and will spend an hour tracing all her letters and numbers.
Arya also loves to sing. We mostly sing primary songs because that's what is on in our van and that's what we sing to them before bed. Her favorite songs right now are "Do As I'm Doing," "Nephi's Courage(or Go and Do as she calls it)," and "I Feel My Savior's Love." It's so sweet when she is laying down in her bed and we are kneeling by her and singing I Feel My Savior's Love and she sings the words with us. Always melts my heart.
Arya is so cuddly yet so full of energy. Sometimes she'll just sit with me and cuddle with me and I wanna cry at how perfect everything feels and then she gets up and runs around one side of the house to the other, around in crazy circles, up and down and all around...seriously this girl has WAY too much energy. But you can't help but laugh as you hear her running through the foyer the silly bouncy way she does and she comes around the corner with the biggest grin on her face. Sometimes she just seems so dang pleased with life and so happy to see everyone that you wonder if there is anything in the world to be unhappy about. On the flip side she can be quite the stinker. When she's doing something naughty and is being told to stop she just continues on like nothing is being said. When she is playing the ipad and her sister gets to close she whines and cries and tells her sister to go away. Sometimes she just wants to do stuff on her own and if Audree wants to join in she makes it known that she is not ok with it. She also still loves to draw all over the walls and still somehow manages to get sharpies and colored pencils even though we've put all that away.
Arya is just our little tiny and her bubbly personality and crazy energy is always making us laugh. I can't imagine life without her sweet face, her loving hugs, adorable personality. It's so hard for me to grasp that she isn't going to be my little baby anymore! It will be really interesting to see how she reacts to her little brother coming into the scene.
Audree is getting to be such a big girl. It's so hard for me to believe that come Fall she will be in preschool and then it will be off to Kindergarten after that. She is so excited to be get to go to preschool with her best friend! I am excited that she will be going but I've gotta admit that thinking about her being gone and then the responsibility of a carpool and all that stuff makes me panic a little. At least it's something I wont need to worry about for a little while!
Audree is really in her terrible 3 year old phase. Some days she stretches me past my limit and the only thing I can do is give my self a really long time out to blow off steam. Everything usually results in a tantrum or a fit of some kind. We are trying to work through this phase but it has become increasingly frustrating as the threat of discipline or the removal of privileges has no effect and then the carrying out of said threat results in a ginormous tantrum/meltdown/fight. Yesterday Audree got to play outside with her friends for like 2 hours and when it was time for her to come in she ran away and screamed and tried to lash out at me and such. We are trying to teach her that we don't want to let her play with friends if every time it's time to come in she throws a fit. She only seems to care when the next day she doesn't get to play but it doesn't make her throw fits any less. Seriously 3 is the hardest age I have encountered so far. Pregnant me + 3 year old just isn't a good combination.
Audree has always loved to have her clothes off and the moment she learned how to take them off she rarely kept them on. We are trying to teach her now that getting dressed doesn't just mean we are going somewhere, that we need to be dressed all the time like mommy and daddy are. For this to really hit home if she sees people outside playing or a friend comes to the door she doesn't get to play if she isn't dressed. Yet as I'm typing this now she is just hanging out in her undies...she really can't get herself dressed and I really wonder what almost 4 year old can't get themselves dressed? Oh well!
So we are thinking that Audree might need glasses. We still need to take her to the opthamologist for weird eye thing that she does and we are thinking that maybe we should finally do it. Recently me and Mark have both noticed situations with her that made us wonder if maybe she isn't seeing very well.
As with all kids getting them to do stuff can be pretty tough but Audree is a pretty good helper. Right now one of her main chores is to help me clean up the family room. She is usually in charge of picking up dirty clothes, toys and throwing away garbage. Some days she does it gladly and other days it's a fight. Probably like most kids as well she loves to help where she is least needed. Like near a hot stove or at the kitchen sink or when daddy is moving heavy, crush your bones, furniture.
Even with Audree's difficult stage she is fun to be around(most of the time) and I love having conversations with her. She still really needs to work on speaking what she is feeling and she is really shy and maybe that mixed with a little pride/stubbornness can make it hard to know what she is feeling but she is learning to speak it more. I know this surprises some people who mostly see her shy side but she can chatter on forever. She loves, loves, loves her daddy and him coming home is probably the best part of her day. Almost every day, as long as she realizes that daddy just came in the door she has to hide from him. It's never a mystery as she always chooses to hide from him in the exact same spot behind the couch. Lately she's been having a little tantrum every time Mark leaves the bedroom at bed time.
There's probably more I could write about but this post has been long enough. I love my girlies and I am excited for them to have a little brother to play with and love. I especially think Audree will love it and I can see her being a very good big sister to him. I imagine we'll probably have to hide him from Arya. If I know her at all she'll probably be wildly jealous of any attention he gets and probably wouldn't mind stepping on him or pulling him off a couch or whacking him with a toy. I really hope these things don't happen but Arya is a HUGE mommy's girl and unfortunately babies require a lot of mommy attention. As the days go on I can't help but be more anxious to meet this little guy. I'm gonna be a mommy of 3 and a family of 5! I'm sure it will be so crazy but I really wouldn't have it any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment