Friday, March 2, 2012

Moving over

Right now we are in the process of getting the girls room redecorated.  We kicked them out of their room and moved them into another.  When we moved Arya's crib over we set it up as the daybed with the toddler rail.  Both this and switching rooms has proven to be...well interesting.  When we first moved them over the girls would wake up before us and head downstairs.  Usually we keep our door closed because I have always hated sleeping with open doors but because of that new development we decided to start sleeping with our door open.  2 toddlers downstairs, alone, could be very, very bad! 

Back to the that in a minute, first I will mention putting them down to bed.  Arya has ALWAYS sucked at going to bed.  She's very clingy, doesn't like to be left alone, and I suspect she doesn't really love the dark either.  Obviously converting her bed had the potential to be disastrous.  But the reality is, it's not been that bad or really that much different.  She has the ability to get out but doesn't always do it and when she does daddy just needs to go in for a little bit and help her calm down.  Mommy can't do it or there's no way she'd ever make it out!

So last night after we put the girls to bed we could tell they were playing.  No one was screaming or hurt so we let them jabber on and it lasted only like 20-30 minutes.  A good 30 minutes after we could tell Arya was asleep I had Mark go in to make sure she was covered.  He comes back and says that he found Arya sleeping in Audree's bed with her :D  Awwww, seriously I love sweet moments like that and I am so sad that I didn't get to see it as Mark moved Arya over to her bed and covered her up. 

Flash forward to this morning around 4 and of course I had to get up because my pregnancy bladder just couldn't wait any longer.  I lay back down and shortly after Audree comes into the hall crying about having to go potty.  Instead of coming into our bedroom to tell us she just wondered all around the hallways crying until we woke up, silly girl.  When she was done she not so quietly went back into her bed and then I just knew it would wake up Arya.  Arya cried for a bit but then went back to sleep.  More sleep please!  Well around 6:30/7:00 Arya started crying so Mark brought her into our bed.  Audree sensing that she was being left out came into the hallway and threw a huge fit.  Being tired and slightly unreasonable it took us a few to convince her to hop in bed with us also.  We all fall back asleep and get about an hour more of it then my hips just couldn't stand being laid on anymore so I had to get up.  Then I forced Mark up so he could shovel the driveway and make it to work on time.  Little did we know how completely clingy the girls would feel when they woke up next to their respective parent.  Arya wouldn't let me go to the bathroom by myself and Audree just wanted daddy to lay down next to her and wouldn't let go of him. 

The solution?  Send Audree outside with daddy to shovel the snow while I sit at the table with Arya and shovel all my cereal into her mouth.  What a lovely morning :)

Hopefully this weekend or by Monday we'll be able to move the girls back into THEIR bedroom and hopefully things will become more normal.  We've painted their room a very pretty shade of purple and just last night got the chair rail up and it looks so good!  We just need to caulk and paint the chair rail then we can get their room set up to be more suited for two(it originally started out as just Arya's room so was mostly focused around Arya).  I still have some picture frames to get and art projects to do and stencils to put on the wall but that doesn't need to happen before we get them back in their bedroom.  I will post pictures when we are done!  After we finish this then next up will be baby boys room!  I hope I can make a decision on color!!!

No comments: