So I know we are two months short of being married a year but we decided that now would be the best time to celebrate our anniversary because our actual anniversary is a few weeks after our baby's due date...so instead of being home with a newborn baby during our anniversary we celebrated early. Our destination was the Anniversary Inn in Logan. This was definitely the perfect decision(in our minds). Logan is just far enough away to "get away" without it being forever away. I had actually never been to Logan before and was pleasantly surprised. It is definitely a very beautiful city. So we headed up thursday evening. We got in at about 9 so there wasn't much to do but just relax and enjoy our room. They provided us with cheesecake and and sparkling cider which of course we indulged in. And up on the bed was a chocolate rose that Mark bought for me(he's so cute when he tries to be romantic :D)!! After we took some pictures of the room we laid down and watched some tv until we fell asleep.
Friday morning breakfast was brought to our room. It was pretty tasty. Mark really liked the "pimped up" pop tart that was more like a toaster struedel, but Mark was excited none the less. My favorite was the plain yogurt of granola, topped with berries. Mmm mmm. After breakfast we lounged around for a little and then headed to the Bluebird Cafe for lunch. This place is unique to Logan and was recommended to us by a few people, so we thought we'd try it out. It was very cute and the food was cheap therefore definitely worth what we paid for it. We then drove around and looking for the temple only to find that it was right near the Anniversary Inn, we felt quite stupid. We wanted to walk around the temple but it was pretty rainy outside and I am still the teeniest bit sick and did not want to make it worse. But we did go around and take pictures of the temple. I thought the landscaping was just beautiful. I loved it so much. Before we actually made it to the temple we did drive around campus. We thought it was really interesting that they had a cemetary on campus. It was quite adorned with beautiful flowers though. It was also very beautiful. And man there are so many trees in Logan. Me and Mark are thinking Logan would be a good place to build our castle so we can have it hidden within the depths of tons of beautiful trees.
After our wanderings we came back the the Inn to take a nap. Naps are just great :) The most wonderful thing about this trip was we had absolutely no plans for what to do. So we just relaxed when we wanted to, and went out when we wanted to. Perfect weekend if you ask me. After our nap we went to another local restaurant called Hamilton's. It is a steakhouse. It was definitely very tasty and had some of the yummiest strawberry lemonade I have ever had. The service was a little slow and the room we were in was a little messy but the food definitely made up for that. I would probably have to blame Hamilton's for the 3-4 lbs I gained over the weekend. I was so full that my belly started growing upwards for lack of room to grow any other way. 
When we got back to the Inn we enjoyed a wonderful bath that had
jets and could easily fit the both of us. Man that was the part of this vacation and was most looking forward to and I was not disappointed. It is so nice to relax in warm water and forget that you are 30 lbs heavier than normal and very uncomfortable. Marks favorite part was definitely the shower. It was a waterfall shower so he didn't have to worry at all about being too tall. He fit right under it. It was a little weird having water pour straight down onto us but it was nice. After the relaxing bath we watched Stardust. I thought it was a good movie but was a little disturbed by the frequent murdering, which I have a really hard time handling especially since I have been pregnant. The next morning breakfast was again brought to our room and we had more yogurt with berries and granola but this time we had a cinnamon roll and a ham and cheese croissant. Yummy! After that we got ready for the day, packed up and headed to Salt Lake. In Salt Lake we went to go see Stomp at the capitol theatre. It was pretty enjoyable but I was definitely ready to get back home. Coming home is always a great feeling but is often ruined by the realization that "real" life has to continue. Me and Mark were both sad that the "vacation" had to end. But we are happy to be back and were even more happy to sleep in our own bed. If anyone needs a recommendation for a great bed get a sleep number bed. I slept so terrible at the Inn and me hips were aching which caused me to wake up every couple hours. Last night I slept wonderfully and didn't even wake up once during the night, which isn't usual for me being pregnant and having to take many potty breaks. But my body loved our sleep number bed so much. And people who have been or are pregnant will know that good sleep is often hard to get especially near the end of the pregnancy. I am definitely very grateful for our sleep number bed! And that about sums up our 1st anniversary!
And also I hae 6 1/2 weeks left!! Yay!
1 comment:
Hi Sami,
I'm Ian from Select Comfort, creators of the Sleep Number bed. This trip sounds truly great. Congrats on your new addition. Your satisfaction is our first priority and I wanted to thank you for all the positive feedback. Are you familar with www.beds.com ? It's a site we made for customers who love their beds and for those customers who are looking for a new bed. We even wrote a blog about the benefits Sleep Number beds offer to expectant mothers http://www.beds.com/blog/?p=57 that you might find interesting. Would you be willing to share your experience at http://www.beds.com/greatsleep/shareTheLove ? Please call us at 800-472-7185 or email us anytime at customerservice@selectcomfort.com if you have questions about anything else related to your Sleep Number bed.
Sleep well,
Ian
My Sleep Number is 60
Post a Comment