Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How do you know he loves you

February is a fun month for me. It's my birthday and a week later it is Valentines Day. This year Mark decided that he didn't want to tell me ANYTHING about what he was planning. It was a little frustrating that he wouldn't even tell me who the babysitter was. Luckily it was my sister and I didn't have to worry about briefing her on the how to's and the what's whats. So for my birthday Mark got me a craft table and a sewing machine...which will be interesting since I don't sew...but my husband really wants me to learn and who knows, it may come in handy. Anyways, so after I got my presents Mark took me to Pizzeria 712. I'm usually one for the basic pizza so there wasn't a lot of appealing options for me but the pizza we got was muy delicious. After dinner we went to Spoon Me, which is always yummy and then we went to the Scera Theatre and we watched the UVU production of Twelfth Night. It was a little unfortunate that the part of the Duke Orsino was covered by a man who got the script that morning. Aside from him reading his parts the play was very enjoyable. A few years back, in high school sometime, I saw Twelfth Night at the Shakespeare Festival in Idaho and I quite enjoyed it so I was excited to see it again. The costumes didn't even come close to comparing to that at the Shakespeare Festival, which was to be expected, but all and all I had a really enjoyable evening. Thanks my love!

On Valentines Day once again Mark refused to tell me what we were doing but this time I got him to tell me who the babysitter was. We hopped in the car and headed up to Sandy to drop Audree up at Mark's parents house. On the way up I opened my presents. I got The Importance of Being Earnest and the book North and South. Yay! So the surprise activity for Valentine's was going to the Draper Temple open house. I was really excited about it and the temple is beautiful. After the temple we went to a fun little place in Sandy called the Tin Roof Grill. It was really classy and comfortable inside. Unfortunately the food was mediocre, at least what I got. After dinner we spent the rest of the night with Mark's parents talking and lounging about. When we got home I opened my presents from my family and they bought me Penelope and The Way We Live Now.

Little Miss Audree is now 7 months old! I can't believe how fast she is growing. She has her two bottom teeth now which have proven to be very lethal and make me grateful that I am not breastfeeding. Audree is showing no inclination that she wants to crawl but she loves to stand. Her new favorite place to be is standing against the gate. She does it really really well.
This is the first and only time she has attempted to pull herself up.

Audree is also getting really good at eating solid food. She enjoys her rice cereal and her veggies and she is getting a lot better at eating her fruit. I try and make her food whenever possible. I've stored up some sweet potatoes and carrots and am hoping to get some squash ready soon. I usually just mash up some bananas for her and she likes it so much better than the stuff you buy from the store. We bought her some wagon wheels to give her something to snack on and she loves them. She get's really really messy with them but she loves them :)

Audree is such a smart baby and I am so grateful for her. She is getting pretty good at mimicking people. She loves to clap and say da da da da da da da. She thinks it's funny to do it really loud in primary when all the children are supposed to be reverent. She absolutely loves the computer and loves to play baby smash. She is such a good baby and a happy baby and watching her grow and learn makes me so happy.

It's been a good birthday and a good month!

1 comment:

Jill said...

How romantic. Spending Valentine's with your in-laws. No, just kidding. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I'm impressed that Mark came up with all of that and didn't spoil the surprise. Good job Mark!