Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nap time

Nap time is so great! Audree is at the age where she is really showing some attitude. We leave a room and she throws a tantrum. We turn our backs and she throws a tantrum. Today whenever I set her down she acted like we just took away her favorite toy. It is now nap time and I am grateful. I am getting some laundry done and I am relaxing on our bed with the laptop watching some mindless television and just letting some of the stress trinkle out. I am also grateful for nap time because when little miss Audree wakes up from her afternoon naps she is happy and content. Naps are really a great thing! We have finally got Audree down to 2 naps a day. Instead of a bunch of short ones we get two somewhat longer naps that give me a good chunk of time to reenergize. It's not quite the same but similar to when you go out and leave the baby with a sitter and when you come back you are so excited to see your baby and you love him/her that much more. I love Audree after a nap with her cute little sleepy eyes and the nice red marks in the shape of her fingers on her cheek and the big huge smile she gets when she realizes that I am coming to get her out of crib. Yay for nap time! :)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh that is so cute!! Nap time is probably wonderful :D
By the way, I absolutely LOVE your backgound! It looks so good!

Jill said...

I think every parent loves nap time. That's great that you get sometime to relax. I'm dreading the day when naps are non existant.

Trevor and Colette Riley said...

MISSY! I haven't heard from you in like forever! My mom is in town for another two weeks but we need to finish that movie because I am hooked! Do you want to do the March of Dimes with me? It is a three mile walk you can read more on it on my blog. I am the team captain and I am getting together as many people I can to do this for such a great cause and I want you to do it. It will give us something to do together. Let me know if you can. If not I totally understand!