Tuesday, January 19, 2010

18 months

Our sweet little Audree is now 18 months old! She's gotta be about the cutest 18 month old we know. We just love her so much and we are so grateful for her. It has been an amazing, adventure-full 18 months. After 18 months of being a mother I know that I would not trade it for anything. Being a mother is absolutely the most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life. 18 months has taught me much love and patience. I never knew I could love a little person so very very much. And despite all the hardships of motherhood I can never stop loving Audree's adorable little face. Every morning I can't wait to go get Audree out of her crib and hug her and kiss her chubby cheeks and tell her how much I love her. It's amazing that just 18 short months ago I was holding Audree for the very first time and now she is running around and talking and climbing and being the most adorable little toddler ever. And because I will soon have two girls I will mention Arya by saying we can't wait for her to come. We can't wait for Audree to have a little sister to play with. We just know that Audree will be the best big sister. We know April will bring a great many changes and difficulties but we also know that it will be extremely rewarding and we can't wait to bring another beautiful soul into this world.

Audree had her 18 month appointment today. We are so grateful for every appointment we go to and the doctor tells us Audree is perfect in every way and doing all the things she should be. Here are Audree's 18 month stats.

Weight: 27 lbs.(86%)
Length: 33 in.(86%)
Head:19 in.(97%)

We are fully aware that our miss Audree is a big girl(I get to haul her around half the day :S). What always gets me each appointment though is the size of her head! How did her head get so big??? It definietly wasn't that big when I gave birth to her(thank goodness). But it seems like every appointment we go to her head grows a few percentages. Hehe, oh well, we think her head is very cute and fits her body well. It will be interesting to see how Arya compares to Audree. I not so secretly hope that Arya is a lot smaller. A child that large really does a number to my back. But I have a feeling I might be doomed to having all large children :) I guess that's what I get for marrying a not so tiny man. But we shall know in roughly 3 months, less if I'm lucky.

No comments: