Friday, January 29, 2010

Nursery

So I've started thinking up and finding things for the nursery and I'm getting so excited. I think I'm starting to "nest" because I've really been in the mood to get things going and done and all put together and stuff. It's frustrating though when I don't have much control over most of the stuff that needs to get done like the painting and putting up the wainscoting and stuff that will lead to me doing the stuff that I can get done.

Yesterday I started Arya's name to put on the wall of her bedroom. I'm very excited about it. I thought about doing the wooden letters but honestly all the letters out there don't have very cute font and if they do they are like half a million bucks...well not quite half a million but you know what I mean :)

So I got the idea for my project off of the Studio 5 website. Because the theme for Arya's nursery is going to be "ice princess" I've been looking for ideas in Christmas/winter decorations. More so winter though because I'm using whites and blues as opposed to greens and reds. But anyways, the stuff I have been looking for is more of the textures and feels of winter without being so blatantly winter. I mean we don't need a bedroom that looks like winter year round...just lightly based on winter with the textures and colors that makes winter great with an element of princess so it is girly and fun. So back to my original thought. I had remembered this snowflake-like project that I had seen on tv that was totally cool and didn't entirely look like a snowflake so I thought it would be a nice art project for the room. As I was looking I came across another snowflake project where sprang my idea of how to do Arya's name. I don't want to spoil what the end project will look like until it's all set up in the nursery but I do want to say that the whole project will have cost me not even 10 dollars!! To me that is awesome seeing as how those names made out of wood can cost up to like 50-80 bucks...which is ridiculous.

So yesterday I took the first step and created the font for my letters and I must say I am so happy with how they turned out. I was a little concerned that since I was designing the font myself that it might look lame but it seriously looks great. I can't wait to put all the embellishments on it that will hopefully make it look even better. I totally would have had it finished yesterday if I had all the stuff I need to embellish. But I need to make a trip to Joanns or Michaels or something to get the rest of the stuff.

So we bought some solid pink bedding for the room and the one we got in the mail was NOT the color we were wanting. It was really sad because the set was very cute. And it still is cute it just wasn't the right tone of pink for the bedroom. Unfortunately the packaging got thrown away and we can't return it without that. So we are trying to sell the bedding. If any of you know anyone who'd like some solid pink bedding let me know. We are trying to sell it on ksl.com also. Because we didn't use it or wash it we are selling it for about it's original price($95). So please let me know if you know of anyone. We are desperate to sell it. We picked out another set yesterday though and it should be coming in the mail next week. This time if it is not the right color we wont even take it out of the packaging and we'll send it right back. This is the one I wanted in the first place but Mark convinced me the other one we got was closer to the right color...and I agreed until it came in the mail and wasn't anything close to the color in the pictures. I'm really hoping this next set is the right color. I have high hopes that it will be. Plus it comes with curtains which I was going to have my mom make and now I don't need to.

So I have 13 weeks of this 40 week schedule left but if we are lucky it wont quite be 13 weeks. Audree came a little before 39 weeks and I'm hoping this baby will take after her and come early. 13 weeks is a long time but still not such a long time. Hopefully we can get going on this nursery project and get it done before Arya comes. I've been wanting to put a princess quote of some kind on the walls but haven't quite decided yet which one. I keep coming back to "Once upon a dream," so I think we may end up doing that. We'll see though. Any of you guys have any favorite quotes that might tie in with the theme of the room? I really don't want to put princess on the wall(really no offense is intended to those of you that do) I just personally feel like I don't want my daughters growing up actually thinking they are princesses and making their personalities stem off of that thought. I love princess themed stuff for girls but I just don't want my girls getting any ideas that they are anybody but the sweet little girls I will try so hard to teach them to be.

So I'm excited to get this project started and once it is done I'll post pictures of a hopefully beautiful outcome.

1 comment:

The Palmers said...

So I don't know if this quote will work, but its one of my favorites, I put it in Dylanns room, its 'all you need is faith, trust and a little pixie dust' I just love it. If you go on uppercaseliving.com they have all these sayings. (expensive so I just make it myself) but they have good ideas.