Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Nothing really

I really have nothing in particular to post about. I am just bored and didn't feel like looking at the post entitled down...not a very happy one to see continually, so I thought I'd post something happier. Here's my belly at about 27 weeks. I am not sure how big I look to all of you guys but I think I look big and I feel big. At 27 weeks I am already squished pretty tight. There are many downsides to being short...not being able to reach stuff up high that really isn't that high for most people, clothes always being too long(or too short cuz for some reason most petite sizes are too short), my husband is a whole foot taller then me...but probably among the most difficult for me is the zero amount of space I have in my belly for a baby. At this point I eat anything and my stomach feels crazy heavy like my food just has no stomach to even go to and it pretty much hangs out in my esophagus and I have constant heartburn. Even when I am taking the prilosec(heartburn medication) my food still comes back up it just doesn't burn like heartburn does. My pelvis is constantly sore as well as my ribs. Sometimes I find it very difficult to breath(and to think I have 13 more weeks for it just to get tighter in here) especially when Audree decides to sit on my lap or even when I am reading her a book I become really short of breath. Needless to say I am starting to really feel like I am ready for this baby to come. This pregnancy has gone by so much quicker then the last and that I am very grateful for, but I am hoping these next 13 weeks go by even quicker. I am super excited to meet Arya and anxious to be able to breath normally again and to not have to pee every 15 minutes. And I will be very happy when I am done having these braxton hicks contractions. They are so much more uncomfortable this time around. I know I've said this before but I seriously don't understand how some people don't even know they are having braxton hicks contractions. There is just no way in heavens name I couldn't know it was happening. I have at least 1 every hour sometimes 2. When I am more active I have them a bunch in a row...which I would be concerned about except it happened last time and things were just fine. But the doctor says if I am having 5 in an hour then I need to come in and get checked to make sure everything is ok.

That paragraph was getting really long so I will move onto a new topic...though really it's not too much different because it's about more pregnancy stuff! So the other day i was thinking about labor and felt actually excited to compare this time to last time. Excited except for the pain part. Last time, because it was my first time, I think my body really struggled to push things forward. I was having painful contractions coming every 3-5 minutes for nearly 40 hours until I got an epidural. And that made me think at how incredibly grateful I am for technology. God has provided us with so many amazing things in this world and an epidural is definitely one of them. My body was finally able to relax after getting the epidural and I was able to dilate from a 4 to a 10 and have my baby out all in less then 6 hours...it probably would have been less if I didn't need to have antibiotics pumping through my body for 4 hours. But I seriously wouldn't have had it any other way. Those 6 hours were the most amazing/interesting of my life. I was able to sit back and relax and enjoy the ride all the while feeling all that I needed to do to get that baby out. Honestly I don't think I could have enjoyed the birthing experience with being in so much pain. It was honestly one of the most peaceful experiences of my life and I came out of it feeling amazing. And I can guarantee you Mark was grateful that I wasn't screaming or yelling at him or crying because of the pain. We both enjoyed the experience immensely and having more labors is not nearly as scary when you know it can be a beautiful experience.
So enough about pregnancy, look at my sexy husband! I am honestly so grateful for him. I don't know how many people can brag about this but my husband does all the dishes. Occasionally I help him out by unloading the dishwasher, but he is so amazing and doesn't even complain about doing them. He understands my quirks and instead of forcing me to be uncomfortable he steps in and aids me and just does an amazing job. He's seriously so awesome. Sometimes I don't know if I deserve someone who's so good to me and loves me so much. But I love him so much and am so so so grateful to have him as my husband.
I love my little Audree so stinking much. Look at how beautiful she is. I love her smile and her pretty blue eyes and her bubbly personality. I love that she is going to be a big sister, I think she will be the best. She is such a sweetheart and I love her so much. Every time I look at her I can see nothing but joy and love. Even in those moments of intense frustration one little look at her face and I'm toast.

Arya continues to do well and I really am getting so excited to meet her. She is very active day and night. Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night generally she is moving. When I go to bed she is moving and when I wake up she is moving. She also moves pretty constantly through the day. I think she is pretty easily woken up. I see some negatives and positives to this. The positives I see are strong hopes that she will breast feed. Audree didn't do well at all. I had to use a nipple shield and the moment she started sucking she was out and I couldn't do anything to wake her up. So trying to transition her from the nipple shield to my own was nearly impossible. I'm hoping that Arya will be more alert and therefore easier to work with. Formula is so expensive and I really want to save money by breastfeeding. But the obvious downside is the whole sleeping thing. If she's awake a lot of the night inside of me then she'll probably be awake a lot of the night when she's outside of me. That I am NOT looking forward to. But I think part of that has to do with being pregnant and being extra tired from growing a baby inside of me. I'm hoping once she's out I will get my energy back and not feel like getting up a few times in the night is such a horrific thing.

So I often find myself thinking of what Arya will look like. Will she look like Audree? Will she have blue eyes, cuz what are the odds that two of my baby's in a row will have blue eyes? Will she have super blonde hair? Will she be a brick baby like Audree(hopefully not)? I sometimes have my fantasies about what she'll look like but I try hard not to focus too much on that because of course I can't decide how she'll look and I'll think she's beautiful no matter what. But often times I like to think that she will kind of look like the character we got her name from. Brown hair, green eyes, tall and slender....but those are all just silly. I actually wouldn't mind if she was a runt but judging by the husband I have I'm not sure that will ever happen. All I know is that I can't wait to see her beautiful face and see the amazing differences that can be created by 2 people in two different beings. I'm excited to see her personality and to put her in pretty dresses and pretty bows. And maybe if we are lucky she'll have more hair then Audree :) But that's another one of those superficial things that really doesn't matter. But being a hairstylist and all I love hair and think it would be awesome to have a baby with hair.

So this nothing post really turned into a lot...but that's ok. It's what's in my thoughts and it's good to write it down. Now because I've let the tv be the babysitter for the last 45 minutes I am going to go read Audree some books.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love your post. It is keeping me entertained at work. Isn't it crazy to think about how Arya will look. Will she be anything like Audree? I thought the same thing with Alea. Only time will tell. :)