Today I had another obgyn appointment. At my 20 week ultrasound they found that I had a low lying placenta and though the placenta usually moves up as the uterus grows they like to be cautious and have more ultrasounds to make sure the placenta moves away from the cervix. The ultrasound today showed that the placenta is indeed moving up and there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Just to be cautious the doctor wants me to get another ultrasound at 34 weeks. It was fun to see Arya again. We got another look at her face and her hands and she is definitely still a girl :)
After the ultrasound I moved on to my regular appointment and everything is looking good. The heartbeat is good, my bp is good and my weight gain, though a lot more then I wanted, is good. I brought up my weight to the doctor and he just laughed and said it was just the holidays and I don't need to worry about it. I also brought up how any exercise causes me excessive soreness in the pelvis and he just said "then don't do it!" Haha, me and Mark had to laugh at that. My doctor is very blunt and I'm actually grateful for that but even more grateful that he is ok with how I do things and that he didn't pressure me to do exercise even though it hurts. I probably will still go on walks with Audree because she needs to get out and I need to get out and I'm not entirely comfortable with doing nothing at all. The doctor did suggest swimming as a possible option but I am unsure where I would go to swim. They have gyms, which I hate, but they really don't have any places around here like the YMCA...where I can just go and lounge in the water but do laps if I wanted to. We'll see what I actually do.
Since I've progressed in my pregnancy this time around I have realized some things about myself. The biggest thing that influences me the most is the baby blues. A lot of people experience the baby blues and I think mostly people experience after giving birth to their child. Last time, after I had Audree, I didn't really have any signs of the baby blues. I was surprised cuz I thought without doubt that I would get the depression that comes from the change in hormones. But I felt great. This time though I remembered that about the last 6 weeks of being pregnant with Audree I got really down and was always emotionally stressed and was convinced that I had the worst luck in the world. So it clicked that what I was experiencing was probably the baby blues. This time I am even more sure of it. It's actually started affecting me a lot sooner this time then last. And I think it's hit me even harder. Everything in my life right now I emotionalize but instead of being able to express how i feel, like by crying, I don't express anything at all and then I really think that makes me feel worse and I just don't know what to do. I'm hardly motivated to do anything. Most days I'd rather just sit around the house then go anywhere. In fact sometimes I really really don't want to go anywhere. When I was in Idaho for Christmas there was so many friends that I should have gone to see but for some reason all I could get myself to do was just sit around my parents house all day. Sometimes I felt like the effort to do anything was just too much. Aside from my husband, who I become really clingy to when I'm pregnanct, sometimes I find myself just not wanting to be around people at all. I honestly hate feeling this way. I hate that I'm not more motivated to do things and to be around people. I hate that my husband wants to go out with me all the time but I hardly ever want to. This past weekend we went out to dinner and were going to go to a movie but instead we came home and played a game and watched a movie. I know there's nothing wrong with that but sometimes I totally just mess up our plans because of how I feel. I must say being pregnant is not as glamorous the second time around as the first. I will be grateful once Arya comes on out and hopefully my hormones can start getting back to normal and I can be my regular cheerful(for the most part) self that loves to do things with my husband and going out to dinner and stuff. I don't know if any of you out there have experienced this before, hopefully I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I am really trying hard not to seem like such a lame person all the time. I'm grateful for Mark too who doesn't push me when I am in a not so good emotional state but also encourages me to be in a happier mood. I am blessed with an amazing husband.
Audree is teething her canines right now and it is awful! I was surprised when Audree was teething her molars(which I heard were the worst) and I didn't even know she was teething until all four of them were already poking through the gums. After that Audree would get a little cranky sometimes but not anything bad at all. It is totally a different story with these blasted canines. They haven't poked through yet but you can see them coming and it is sure causing Audree some pain. It started about a week ago and we have had many many long nights where Audree is either in bed with us(rather me cuz for some reason she is super clingy to me) or she has been in her crib crying for at least 3 hours. When it first started she was actually somewhat lethargic. She just laid on me for most of the morning and cried for half of it. She hasn't been like that again(lethargic) but she is still being super clingy and she is super fussy. She's drooling like a maniac and has been sticking almost everything she can in her mouth and shoving it up to her gums. And the only night she hasn't woken up and cried for most of the night is when I didn't give her a nap and by eight o clock she was completely out of it. I can't wait til these canines just come through and stop wreaking havoc on our home.
I know this post hasn't seemed very positive because it's a pretty rough time right now with Audree and the pregnancy. But aside from those things life really is good. We have a beautiful house, in 3 and a half short months we'll have our beautiful Arya, Mark has a great job that is doing very well in this economy, I have beautiful Audree who is very trying but ever so more rewarding. We are indeed blessed and I am so grateful that this pregnancy is going well and that we have the many things that we have.
4 comments:
Dont worry Sami, you are not the only one who gets the baby blues, I get them while I am prego to, I get mine at the beginging, I hate them aswell, I feel like everything is going wrong and I am really angry all the time. (they are the worst), The teething thing have you tried teething tablets? they are these little pills that desolve in the mouth. they are so great. Dylann would cry for hours until we would give her one, and then she would just fall a sleep b/c she would finally be able to realx. You should try them. They are amazing.
Sami, I'm so sorry you are feeling down. I can't say I've been there but I know the hormones get so strange during pregnancy. That's so fun that you get more ultrasounds. My placenta was low and I only got one at 20 weeks. Now I'm feeling gypt. Anyway, I would love to hang out but I completely understand if you don't want to right now. Just let me know when.
Hey Sami,
I feel the same way you do during my pregnancy. I feel very unsocial and I like to just be at home and be with Chris. Even if we are out with friends, I don't chime in conversations like I did before I was pregnant. I just like to sit and listen, it's almost too draining to have a conversation. haha. At the beginning of the pregnancy all I wanted to do was nap. I would come home from work and nap for about 4 hours, get up and make dinner, and then want to go back to bed. It's a little better now toward the end of the pregnancy but I still don't feel super social. I know things will change for the better once our little ones are here! I'm going through the nesting phase I think becaue all I want to do is be at home and organize stuff that doesn't even need to be organized. haha Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! :)
This is Chamaine. I am glad that the placenta is moving, that is a relief. Sorry you're feeling blue - walks outside will help your mood (I know they do for me), plus See's chocolates! ;-) Hope you are enjoying your new home!
Post a Comment