Friday, September 3, 2010

Potty training day 1

*Warning, if you have not experienced potty training/don't have kids/are queasy this post may not be for you.

Well it started out this morning after Audree had gone number 2 for the second time. She was whining about it being uncomfortable having her feet in her face while I was wiping her. So I told her that we wouldn't have to do that if she was potty trained. Little did I know that she actually understood what I was saying to her. I turned away and saw her rolling up a diaper and for a second I thought she had just grabbed an unused one but I realized it was the one I had on her. At that moment I realized that I have to do it NOW. I'm not going to have a child that potties all over my house because she decided to take her diaper off. So I grabbed her panties and put them on and ditched the diaper.

To start this off I repeated to her about a hundred times that she needs to tell me when she needs to pee. I kept asking her periodically and she just ignored me. A few minutes later I hear her whining then she comes running into the family room and sure enough she had peed. Oh great!!! was all I could think. I sat her on the toilet just in case she had more(which she did) and I accidentally found where she peed by running up the stairs to get her panties and stepping in it. Well luckily I was able to see the bright side of things. The accident was on the stair just a few feet away from the toilet. I thought that maybe she was headed to the bathroom. I cleaned everything up pulled Audree off the toilet, washed her up and pulled her out of the bathroom leaving the door open so that Audree would go there if she thought she needed to go again and didn't wanna tell me(just being prepared). So anyways I turn around and she is back in the bathroom with the toilet lid open and had peed right there next to the toilet. AH! like seriously 15 seconds after I took her off the toilet. The bright side? Well once again I think she was headed for the toilet.

About 10 minutes later after once again asking her about a hundred times if she needed to go potty she said potty back to me so we went and sat her on the toilet and about 2 minutes later she went. Coincidence? I really hope not! I started thinking that maybe i see that light at the end of the tunnel. Then like 10 minutes later again I hear some more whining so I run into the living room to see what Audree was whining about and she said poo poo's...O crap! Literally crap! For the third flipping time today :S We cleaned that up and I decided it was nap time. On with the diaper down to bed and now a break for Sami.

I am so not cut out for this potty training thing!! But I am confident it is time and that I just need to give it a few more days, I am glad I chose the weekend cuz now Mark will be here with me to help...not quite sure what we'll do for the game though...Audree was gonna go with Mark but that's not sounding so wise anymore.

So we've been blowing our grocery budget out the roof the past couple months and Mark is pretty sure it's because of all the diapers we are buying. Well let's hope this potty training sticks and we wont have to buy 2 sets of diapers anymore. Wish us luck!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Potty training is a hard thing to do. It took us 3 different times until it stuck. I just remember I was constantly nervous because I was worried she wouldn't make it to the potty. Everyone will give you pointers and their opinion, but just do what you feel is right. If you have to stop and try again another time, don't feel bad, it happens a lot. I wish you good luck in your adventure! :)

Unknown said...

Honey...welcome to my world...years of buying diapers. It was a huge chunk of the grocery budget. We bought the best cheap diapers. As long as they hold the 'normal' stuff in they were good enough. Good luck sweetie...you're doing a great job. Love you. Dad