*-Arya is beginning to love tummy time and I think we can move past calling it tummy time since to me it seems like tummy time indicates forcing her to do something she doesn't want to so she doesn't get a flat head. She's getting really good at holding herself up. She's moved from using her forearms to hold herself up to full on using her hands.
-Arya has tried rice cereal, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, applesauce and peaches. Most of them have just been taste tests to see if she likes them but she LOVES her sweet potatoes. She finishes off a whole entire cube and would eat more if I'd let her but she's still so young so she needs more milk still.
-Arya does not hold back in letting you know how she feels. She's quite social and loves to be around babies. Especially the boys :) The pic below is with her new boyfriend Quinn
.jpg)
*-Audree wants to either be a baby like Arya or an adult like us and doesn't bother herself with the inbetween stuff. Pretty consistent with her whole life but now she is back to eating baby food just so we can get some sort of nutrition in her, it is the only thing she'll eat that isn't sweets.
-Going along with the above Audree now likes to take her diaper off. We started putting it on backwards and is now trying to change herself...maybe if she'd just be a big girl like she's supposed to be she could learn to go potty in the toilet and not try to change her own diapers
-Yesterday Audree kept trying to breastfeed Arya
-Audree's vocab is ever increasing and I often hear her repeating things I've said even using the same intonations. When she doesn't know I am around I'll catch her singing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, the ABC's, Do As I'm Doing and I'm a Child of God. I also catch her saying things like "oh crap," "dangit," and "freak"(oops).
*-I am making a skirt for Audree's halloween costume so she can be minnie mouse. I made a first attempt Arya sized and now I'm making one Audree sized. After I am done with that I am going to make myself a skirt.
-I am having an eat lots of junk food and forget about responsibilities party with my SIL Rhiannon tonight. We are way excited!
*-Mark is just chugging along at work. He is taking some online classes right now and he is loving every minute of football season.
Life is not any more exciting or any more boring then usual. Time flies no matter what we do. Yesterday my baby turned 5 months old! I still think of her as my newborn so everytime she does something like purposely choose one toy over another I sometimes wanna cry but am very proud and amazed even though I've seen these things happen with another child. Audree is my terrible two and sometimes I long for the days when she was so sweet and didn't cause me so much stress and anxiety. We are all just doing our best right now to make it through this fun yet somewhat difficult time of our lives. We are happy and healthy and we are a family, there isn't really anything I have the right to be complaining about though, so with each poopy mess, destruction of my house, destruction of my clothing, destruction of children's clothing, tantrum, whiney face I am trying to bear it all with a grin on my face and lightness in my heart. :) How could I not? If I didn't I think I would already be insane :) I love my little family so much!
2 comments:
Audree tried to breastfeed Arya?! That's HILARIOUS! Haha! I'm sorry Audree is at "that" lovely age. I've been dealing with it for a year now...please tell me they grow out of it. :) By the way, I love the binki clip! :)
Hahaha, I'm just going to be honest and say that Audree cracks me up. Sorry that she is being a stinker lately with potty training and stuff.
But I can't believe Arya is already starting to eat foods and she is sitting! I feel like I'm missing everything! Tell the girls I love them!
Post a Comment