Thursday, February 23, 2012

3rd trimester thoughts

-As long as I don't get a phone call today I think it's safe to say I passed my glucose test, *fingers crossed*

-I think somehow psychologically after I have an appointment my I just sort of take a dive and gain a ton of weight.  3 appointments ago I gained 5 lbs within the week after I had my appointment, I didn't gain anymore in the next 2 weeks.  2 appointments ago I gained 7 lbs within the week after the appointment, lost 2 and then gained 1 in the last week before my most recent appointment.  I just had an appointment on Monday and guess what...I have already gained 2 lbs.  What is it?  It's got me all crazy and self conscious and stuff.  It's a good thing I bought some new maternity jeans to fit my fat booty into :)

-This pregnancy has gone pretty quickly for me.  I mean it hasn't flown by or anything but like I find most days with having kids you look back and wonder where has all the time gone.  For some reason other people don't feel the same way.  I have had many people ask me when I am due and I say May they respond with a "wow, that is so far away!"  I grin and bear it but honestly to me May is NOT that far away.  The lady checking me out at Walmart the other day asked when I was due and when I told her May that was her response....ok, you don't even know me!!  Really May is like 2 months away...my due date is 2 1/2 months away.  To me, that isn't far....so weird.

-I'm glad to be in my 3rd trimester but some days I worry about how I'm going to survive.  Some days with the girls are just so hard on me.  I am so incredibly sore and both of them have decided that pushing my buttons is the best activity as of late.  Arya wants to be held all the time and Audree gets jealous...but she is like 35 lbs and holding her just isn't an option.  Audree's really on one lately and we are trying to figure this bad behavior out but it is proving to be very difficult and I find my patience is usually gone after just one incident.  I need naps and they wake me up, I try to do something fun and they fight, I try and give them healthy food and they don't eat it.  All I can do is pray for patience, work on it, and hope this last trimester goes by quickly. 

-I'm so excited to meet baby boy and I keep waking up thinking about giving birth.  It ranges from pretty weird and funny dreams to just waking up thinking about how things could go and how I want things to go. 

-Arya is such a cuddly little girl.  Because she wants to I get at least 10 kisses a day from her.  She sits with me and cuddles with me(well not whenever I want but I do still get this parently pleasure from her), she wants me to hold her all the time and when going to bed she calls out my name "oooooooooh MOMMY!" over and over again.  I call her baby and she's my baby girl.  Sometimes when I think that soon she wont be my "baby" anymore I get really emotional.  Though I am excited to have this baby boy I'm really sad to think that she will be forced to grow up and give way to a new baby.  I know she's almost 2 but I love her sweet little cuddles and kisses so much that sometimes I just don't want her to grow up.

-Where is my energy?  I feel like I never have it...ever.  Just the past few days since I took my glucose test I feel wiped out.  I lay down at least 2 times a day to shut my eyes and get some rest. 

-I adjusted the sleep number on our bed to something like 50 to give relief to my hips.  Though thankfully I don't wake up with sore hips every 30 minutes I do wake up pretty sore every where else.  So I have to decide...sore hips and less sleep or sore rest of my body but more sleep....

-I have now gained 26 lbs.  I'm measuring a week ahead.  My bp is normal.  I haven't had any swelling yet.  I had to buy fat butt jeans. 

-I am scared of having a giant sized baby.  Some people get lucky and have 6 lb babies but not me...almost 8 lbs has been normal for me.  With how hungry I've been, measuring a week ahead and the fact that this baby is a boy I'm quite nervous to have a 9 lb baby.  Maybe he'll surprise me and come early so he never gets that big...

-A lot of the house decorating has come to a stand still because of the weather.  Hopefully March will grace us with some 60 degree days and we can get our furniture spray painted.  In the meantime we have planned out the fabric headboard we are making and can get started on it as soon as we get the wood and fabric and foam.  We also ordered a canvas print for our bedroom that should be on its way soon.  This weekend hopefully we'll get the girls room painted, get up their chair rail and possibly get the stencil on their wall.  Their are a few conundrums with baby boys bedroom that I am still trying to figure out and some days I just feel baffled...I am not sure I know what I want but I know what I don't want and everything I think of seems to breach into the what I don't want. 

-I need to do yoga more but for some reason I am never too excited to put my head below my bum...

-After my next appointment I start going every 2 weeks!

-I am excited for these next couple months!   A new book, 2 birthdays and baby boy!

2 comments:

Jill said...

May doesn't seem too far away to me either! You can make it! My girls do the same thing, fight! I try to do something fun and they just complain and try to bug each other. I'm so excited for you to have a boy. I hope it will change things up a bit for you. Have you decided on a name yet? :)

Jordan and Leslie said...

May definitely isn't that far away! I'm so excited for you! Why is it with pregnancy when you gain weight it all seems to go to the butt?!! With Brennen I swear I had the biggest ghetto booty while pregnant!:) Have you decided on a name yet?