Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines FHE

I know I already put all this on facebook but I decided to blog about it anyways.  On Sunday I put the girls in their little white dresses from their an Rhiannon's wedding.  I thought they looked so cute and everyone kept telling me they looked like angels.  I like that :)  Look at my little angel Arya with her cutie curls in her hair.  Love that sweetie pie!
so grown up!
 And my angel Audree.  Such a big girl going to Sunbeams and such.  That day she got Valentine's candy from her teacher and she shared half of it with Arya.  Such a sweetie!



 Then on Monday night to start off our Valentine's themed FHE Mark brought us home some Smashburger, yum!  After dinner we had our little FHE, sang some songs about love and had a little lesson from the Friend about a little girl giving a talk in church about things that made her heart happy.

So after all that it was time to get to our activities.  It was a fun filled evening for us all.  First we started out with cutting out hearts we could decorate and then write things that make our heart happy. For decorating the hearts I decided to put their footprints on the heart.  I'd seen something similar on pinterest and I knew the girls would just love the chance to do something crazy like that.



 While their footprints were drying we let the girls go to town with the paint.  Sometimes I'm a little controlling with stuff cuz I don't want to ruin stuff or make huge messes(that I then have to clean up) or mix the paints etc. but I decided to just let go and only control the minor things like having only one paint lid open at a time.  The girls loved it.  Arya didn't hold back at all and pulled up half the blue paint in one go.  Of course with Arya half of it ended up on her persons.  I don't know why but Arya loves to draw on herself.  Sure she draws on the walls sometimes but we've taken away the crayons so she can't do that.  So whenever she finds a pen no matter how much paper is around her she always ends up drawing on herself.  She thinks it's hilarious and concentrates really hard on doing it.  So naturally she had to paint on herself too.


 Once their footprints were dry I brought them back and had the girls tell me things that make their heart happy.

Things that make Audree's heart happy include smiley faces, praying, baby brother, mommy and daddy, hearts, Arya, praying, scriptures, games, wiggling, primary, Do As I'm Doing, and games.

Things that make Arya's heart happy include mommy and daddy, numbers, circles, baby brother, music, candy, Tangled, Monsters Inc., reading, Audree, crunch(Captain Crunch) and praying.


After painting we bathed the girls, lately it is their favorite thing to do and Arya asks for a bath multiple times a day.  We decided to bathe them before we made brownies so they'd be clean when dealing with the food...didn't want to eat paint :)


Here's the girls doing their favorite part of baking.  Stirring is fun and all but there's nothing quite like eating the batter!

Mark got his Valentine's gifts early.  The girls got him a little toy nerf football and a little lego set and I got him some kit kat bars and some puzzles for us to put together as a family.  So whilst our brownies were cooking we played with daddy's presents!



 Audree did really well at putting the puzzle together





She also helped daddy put his little lego city fireman and atv together











And once we were done of course we feasted on our delicious homemade brownies!

We all had a really fun night and I'm so grateful for my little family and for FHE that gives us a chance to focus a whole night on strengthening our family.

Happy Valentines Day everyone and most especially my Valentine, Mark.  I love you and even though you are rarely romantic I am grateful for all you do to help me out around the house(even if I have to ask you to do it).  The dishes would probably never get done if it wasn't for you.  Love you and can't wait to eat the dinner you are making me tonight and I can't wait to go out to a movie with you this weekend.  Love you!

No comments: