Friday, February 24, 2012

Poll



*edit: this is the quilt.  The top picture has less natural light and the bottom has more, always something to consider when choosing colors.  You can click on them to see a closer look of you'd like.

It's getting close to time to start painting baby boys room and I still am not sure on my color scheme.  There are just so many challenges and I can't decide which way to go.  I have this cute quilt that is orange, green, turquoise, white and brown.  I thought it was a good idea to use colors from that but a small problem is that I have black furniture.  So I thought I'd just pick some colors from the quilt and not worry about the brown as most of it is on the back of the quilt.  At first I was going to go with a green, black and white color scheme but then changed my mind as I didn't think any of the other colors on the quilt would compliment the look.

Then I saw the nursery on All Things Thrifty and was inspired by that...the turquoise wall with the gray and black and white.  But now I am just feeling unsure about that and I'm not sure if it will be what I want or if it will turn out like I want it to.

My favorite color is orange and I've always wanted to do a room with orange walls.  So I thought maybe I'd do it with baby boys room but the problem is 1. black furniture...that can often look like Halloween which I do NOT want and 2. I am not a huge fan of the really modern look and often orange is used for a more modern look especially when paired with the other colors in the quilt.

I really like the quilt...I really like the colors...I really don't like modern and I really don't like retro...I go one way and I feel like it'll look too modern...I go the other and I feel like it will look too retro...I go even another and I feel like it wont match.

Not only are these part of my concerns but I just haven't been in LOVE with any of the ideas.  I want to be in LOVE with the colors I choose and I want to love the end result. 

I am not a super theme-y person.  I don't really want to do a room based on a theme...like safari or nautical or whatever.  So for me it's all about the color scheme and the accents.

Well anyways, I have decided to do a poll seeking for YOUR help on what I should do.  Please vote and/or leave comments of your opinions.  I need all the help I can get and maybe some of you will have an idea that I just didn't think of or maybe your thoughts will encourage me to go a way I have thought of but have just been unsure about.

I have just decided to do a series of polls starting with what color you think the wall/s should be.  The last option is some other color and if you have a specific though on that feel free to leave it as a comment.  The next poll will probably be something about more wall stuff like should I do white board and batten, a white chair rail with different color underneath it, an accent wall, or all walls one color.  Thanks for your votes!


4 comments:

Heather & Chris said...

You should post a picture of the quilt so we can see what the colors look like on the quilt so picking a color may be easier!

Jamie said...

I love orange too! (I use it in most of my quilts!) I do think that orange would be a better accent color than wall color. Especially since you are avoiding retro & modern both. Either way, I think orange is still important in this room :) Just my opinion. (I voted already too for teal/turquoise)

JaNae said...

I think you can pull off an orange wall if it is just an accent wall and it depends on the color on the other walls. I had an orange accent wall in our last house and loved it. I think my favorite thing, however is a more neutral look to the paint color and lots of pops of color in your decorations. Just a thought. There are a lot of nursery ideas out there with this same color scheme. . .I have seen a lot on pinterest, maybe you could find some ideas there :) Good luck

Rebecca said...

I still love the turquoise wall... especially the one I pointed out. But that's just my opinion :)