Tuesday, April 3, 2012

34 weeks



Today marks 34 weeks for me.  Hard to believe there is only 6 weeks left til this little guy joins us.  6 weeks can be really long when you are this pregnant and this uncomfortable but it can also be really short when everything still needs to get done.

I had my baby shower a week or so ago and it was really fun.  I got some pretty cute clothes and blankets and burp rags.  Thanks to everyone who came!  I didn't get any pics of the shower, because I'm lame like that, but it was very cute and fun and my sis and sis-in-law did a really good job decorating and putting it together.

Yesterday I had my 34 weeks appointment.  I weighed 157(which was my final weight with both my other pregnancies).  According to their scale I gained only 1 lb. in 2 weeks but I was weighed on a different scale then usual and I think their scales are off because my scale at home said I weigh 157 and usually my weight at my appointment is 2 pounds more.  So really I think I've gained 3 lbs.  It will probably look really bad when in two weeks they have me hop on the other scale and it looks like I gained a lot more weight...oh well!

My blood pressure continues to be nice and low and since the baby shower I haven't really been swelling as much.  Maybe my feet and hands a bit but not anywhere else, which has been nice.  But maybe that has to do with the weather being a little cooler.

Yesterday before my appointment I stayed pretty busy exercising, cleaning out the van and preparing it for baby boy and then getting me and the girls ready and heading to my appointment.  Maybe it doesn't seem like a lot but I don't think I got a rest all morning.  That busy morning resulted in an excessive amount of contractions.  It doesn't really make me nervous because my bh contractions are usually directly related to specific things like my activity level, dehydration, a full bladder, too much excitement etc.  Pretty much every time I bent over, sat down, stood up, picked up Arya etc. I had a contraction.  So when the midwife helped me down to measure my belly and listen to the heartbeat naturally I had a contraction.  She didn't know and started pushing on my belly to find the baby's position.  Man was that painful!  I told her I was having a contraction and she asked me if I wanted her to stop and I was like "freak yeah!"  Did she even need to ask?  Haha, maybe not everyone experiences bh contractions as intensely as I do, who knows.

My Midwife thought I looked really pale and she asked me if I was tired to which I responded that this little guy wants me to sleep all the time.  She thought my iron might be low and so we did a quick test but the results showed that I was still within the normal numbers.  So I am not anemic but she says I should get more sleep and try and get some naps though she understands that it's hard to get them in with kids.  I think I sleep pretty well and I usually sneak in a really broken up and often short nap so I'm thinking maybe my paleness had more to do with the morning I had and all the contractions I was having.  And who knows why this baby is making me so tired.  

My next appointment is in 2 weeks and then after that I start going every week.  I know I still have 6  weeks left but breaking it down like that makes it seem like it will go so quickly!  And I'm sure it will.  I just hope we get everything done on time!  Like getting the nursery done(which I swear we are starting this week!), getting all the clothes washed and organized and put away, switching the craft closet from the baby's room to the guest room, getting our room finished so we can set up the co-sleeper in our room for the baby's first month or two.  But hey, the car seat is cleaned and the base is installed in our van and that is the most important thing right?  Cuz we can't bring the little guy home if we don't have the car seat.

We are still no where near naming baby boy.  I was holding onto the hope that the name I want and feel really attached to and emotionally feel is the right name but am learning that it's not going to happen and I want to cry.  If I could cry I'm sure I would be but my emotionally stunted state is not allowing it.  I've spent so much time looking at names and considering them and we are just NEVER on the same page.  I am convinced that this boy wont have a name.  And if he does I'll probably spend the rest of my life wishing it was something else.  But what can I do?

I'll probably get a belly shot up later when I don't look like I just woke up.  And now it's time to go give myself a time out while I wonder why the freak my fully potty trained almost 4 year old just peed on the bathroom floor!!!!

1 comment:

Wanderingfamilies said...

Hang in there! Next Wednesday, I am coming up and taking your girls to the park with mine (or something like that), then you can take a nap...plus, then I can deliver your baby gift...text me and let me know if Wed works for you...