Friday, May 28, 2010

I have made a decision!

Lately, being like the past year, Audree has me going so crazy that I wonder if I may just go insane. Now that the stresses and physical handicaps of pregnancy are over I decided that it is time to seriously consider what things I can change to improve our situation. Now I know there are many things I can fix about myself like, I am too tightly wound, I let minor things prevent me from doing fun things...stuff like that. But that's not what the focus of my post is.

My friend Chamaine was over a little while ago and made mention about not having kid stuff in the master bedroom. I liked the idea but was still trying to adjust to having two kids and wasn't able to think too much about it. Well today I just about had it with our bedroom, how messy it is and how much I want to scream when Audree comes in and steps on everything, opens every drawer, pulls everything out of the drawers, and tries to get into all bathroom stuff that she shouldn't.

So the wheels in my head have been turning all day. I don't know how things will play out entirely because of our budget restraints but I know what I want. Here's what I want:

1. I want to redecorate our room. And really I mean decorate because I really haven't done anything with it. I want it to be a comfortable, relaxing, romantic, kid-free, clutter-free, stress-free zone. Once Arya is 2 months she will be going into her own room and we are ditching anything and everything baby. I want one less place to think, "crap what is Audree getting into." I want to come into our room and have it be a retreat...an escape from the stresses of parenthood. I have thought on this a little and I'm pretty sure I want our television to stay in our bedroom...it is very much part of our relaxing and our nightly routine. But I am not sure yet...it depends if we can pick up a cheap but functional extra tv somewhere.

2. We have a bedroom that is holding the spare bed and dresser, crafts, and the treadmill. This room will also undergo a transformation. The treadmill will now take occupancy in our basement...it's not like I use it anways, also it is warming up so outside is the more ideal place to be. The crafts will find a new home too. Not sure where yet, but it wont be our bedroom. We'll probably ditch the bed frame and the dresser in the basement too until our basement is finished. This room will now become the guest/tv/toy room. I want to get a couch-bed...a daybed...a fouton...a hide-a-bed...not sure which but something that will serve two purposes. That way when we have company there will be a place to sleep but when we don't have company, which is way more often then when we do, it will be a couch. A couch in which to sit and watch tv or dvds. Hence the desire to purchase a cheap tv. Then we can also haul all the toys up there and it can replace what Audree does in our bedroom(watch tv, get's into stuff,) and I wont have to be so tightly wound about it because it will be her place to hang out that wont interfere with mine. Plus it will be a good place to make her go when I she needs to take a break and I need one from her.

3. I want to be all around happier because I will have a pleasant retreat, a place designated for Audree that wont take away from my retreat but will fulfill her needs and the toys can finally be out of my family room which will keep our family room clean and also happier.

One step closer to sanity! I really like the idea of having a room where, if looking at it stresses me out, I can just shut the door and not think about it instead of having to live in it!

Oh and don't worry Becca, this wont be happening until after your stay here. You'll be able to have the room all to yourself when you are here!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Its funny you added that last little caption at the end because that is exactly what i was wondering the whole time i was reading ;)

Wanderingfamilies said...

Good for you! I need to jump on this bandwagon and determine the functionality of 2 of our other rooms and get them DONE! You've inspired me!