Is it just me or is it so hard to get back into the groove of things on Monday's? After Friday nights, with no obligations for the following morning(like getting up to go to work) and Saturday's of lounging about, doing nothing/working on the yard or house and stressful Sunday's of waking up way to early and dealing with cranky babies that don't like to be stuck on a bench or sleeping in car seats, I usually just feel like being lazy on Monday's. I usually don't feel like doing a ding dang thing, well I should say a ding dang active thing because for the past few months I have been using every other Monday to plan our 2 week menu.
But sometimes on these Monday's I feel so slothful...I know I am productive in an inactive sense but physically I feel crummy. Generally my house is a disaster, dishes are piled up to the ceiling and I wear my pajamas and yesterday's hair all day long. So I've decided to force myself to do one productive thing before I can be lazy. This morning I cleaned the kitchen. This was quite the accomplishment for me because 1. I have some major sensitivities to water and my hands after I am done doing dishes just make me feel slightly crazy and incapable of doing anything until the feeling goes away. And aside from that another silly quirk I have with cleaning is my inability to clean just one thing at a time. I let things build up(stupid I know, I don't know why I do it) and then it finally pushes me over the edge and I go on a cleaning spree. So when I get the energy to clean I want to go and go until everything is spotless. Of course this doesn't happen often enough so here's where the problem is, I'm living in a pig sty!! So my new goal is to get 1 productive thing done around the house before I either be lazy or do my morning internet check. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully this will help with my house not being so chaotic all the time. I'm hoping it wont need to be dishes to often though b/c someone, I wont mention his name, is supposed to be the one who does the dishes. You know, I make dinner and he does the dishes. I have been holding up my end of that agreement :P
So back to menu-planning Monday's. Need ideas or inspiration for your own meals? Well here is what we've got on the menu for the next 2 weeks. Also if you'd like to check out my recipe's or others recipe's I've tried and rated check out my recipe blog.
Monday: Balsamic Chicken with Honey Balsamic Glaze, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cherry tomatoes
Tuesday: Banana Waffles, Mini Onion and Pepper Fritattas
Wednesday: Work Party or Mashed Potatoes with Hamburger Gravy, Green Beans
Thursday: Sweet Lime and Garlic Pork Chops, Corn on the Cob
Friday: Pizza Friday's or Elder's Quorum Presidency Party
Saturday: Broccoli Cheddar Mac and Cheese
Sunday: Honey and Brown Sugar Baked Ham, Baked Potatoes, Carrots
Monday: Rhiannon babysits, go out to eat
Tuesday: Ham and Cheese Pastry Puff Sandwiches, Peas
Wednesday: Fiesta Macaroni, Corn
Thursday: Citrus Salsa Chicken, Lemon Herbed Quinoa(courtesy Giada)
Friday: Pizza Friday's
Saturday: BBQ Ribs, Cheesy Mashed Potatoes, Carrots
Sunday: In-laws
Monday: Carrot Waffles
Until the next menu-planning Monday I hope I could have been of some inspiration or help to any of you. I truly enjoy cooking and trying new meals and making up my own. Even if no one cares about this, I do, and it has helped me become a better and more efficient wife and I am enjoying doing it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment