Friday, August 20, 2010

My assessment

Thank you to all the people who commented on my post about how much my girls look alike. It was really interesting to hear what you all thought and had to say. Because I do sit here and stare at my girls all day long I thought I'd share with you my opinion. It's hard for me to look at them as a whole so my assessment is made by the constant picking apart their features.

Here's how they look different to me:

-They have different face shapes. Arya's is thinner and not quite as round as Audree's was.
-They have different eye shapes. Though they both have big eyes they are distinctly different. Arya's are a lot rounder at the bottom amongst other things I see that would be to lengthy to explain.
-Audree's nostrils upturn a little more then Arya's though this picture doesn't show that very well.
-Audree's forehead is large and rounded. Arya's hairline is lower and has a smaller forehead that seems to be a little more angled.
-Obviously Arya isn't as chubby as Audree was but I think Arya's chin is not as big/prominent.
-They have very different eyebrows though once again you can't really tell in the picture(you really can't even see that Arya has eyebrows).
-I do believe that Arya's mouth is smaller and therefore have different smiles.
-Arya has darker skin then Audree.

Here's how they look similar to me:

-They have the same head shape(not face).
-They both have blue eyes.
-Aside from the nostrils they pretty much have the same noses.
-They have the same cowlicks and direction in their hair, you'd think they shared a head or something ;)
-They are both blondies.
-Their ears could be identical.

Of course their are other things that make them similar and different like they have very similar hands and nails but their feet are very very different. Audree has a huge belly and Arya has a skinny little belly etc. But those things aren't really "do they look alike" features. So anyways I have thought on it a lot since Arya was born and it is obvious that I see more differences in their appearances. I do believe they look like sister but are very different. So on a scale from 1-10 I would put how much they look alike at a 6. And that is my assessment.

Here are a couple of picks of both of them in the jumper at about the same age(4 months).

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yup, they still look the same to me!! Very cute girls!