
(Both girls were thrilled to have them here!)Since we have been in he process of redecorating our family room one of my mom's present to me was buying some wall decor. For a little while now I have been looking around for an 8 point star to put on the wall. I could find plenty of 5 point stars but those feel a little too western for my taste. As we were browsing around Hobby Lobby I was so excited and nearly stunned by 2 8 point stars sitting in front of me. OH MY GOSH it was perfect! Seriously I have never been so lucky in my life to find exactly what I was looking for. I was so tickled. So my mom bought those two stars and I bought a lovely mirror and they are now hanging on my beautiful red wall. I would elaborate on the other changes but I will save that for another post since this one isn't about that.
So on Friday we headed to Kneaders and had a fabulous lunch. Then we went to Joann's to check out fabric to make curtains. I was so uncertain about what fabric I wanted that we didn't end up buying any but my mom showed me how to make them so I feel confident that I will be able to do it. After Joann's we topped ourselves off with some delicious Red Mango and headed back home because the girlies were getting restless. That evening Mark and I headed out to the Olive Garden for some alone time since we had very willing babysitters at home. We were going to see a movie but decided against it since we had already seen a movie this month and were planning on seeing another one today. We ended our evening with just watching a movie in our room without having to worry about the girls at all since they were sleeping!
Saturday we had a really busy day. We started off the morning with all the girls at Target and Famous Footwear. Then we learned that we were going to Tucano's for lunch to use up my birthday coupon. Every year we go with our friends the Gants in all our birthday months. So my mother and my sister were lucky enough to be around on this happy occasion and joined us there. It was so delicious and we got happily full on meat and the awesome salad bar.
After Tucano's we headed home to gather are stuff and we headed to Sandy, dropped Mark off at his parents to work on my piano and the rest of us headed to Hobby Lobby, which is when we found the mirror and stars. We expected to go to Tai Pan Trading also but it turned out we didn't need to, which was probably best for Arya. She hates her car seat and when she gets taken out and then put back in she gets pretty cranky. We had been in and out of the car so much already and she was getting sick of it. We picked up Mark at his parents, chatted with the in-laws for a bit and headed home. Arya cried very hard for half the way home but finally conked out. The poor thing was woken up from every nap she tried to take after like 5 or 10 minutes cuz we were so busy all day. It was a relief to get home that night.
Sunday morning we were sad to see Becca and my mother leave but we were so happy to have them here. Audree especially enjoyed their company. It makes me sad that we can't always have this kind of help around but such is life.
I am so grateful for my mom and my sister. They really helped me have an enjoyable week and it was definitely the best birthday present they could have given me :)
1 comment:
What a fabulous week! Sounds like you were eating some yummy food!
Post a Comment