is dealing with injuries. Audree is a little clumsy and maybe a little accident prone. Wednesday she fell twice, this first time gave her a big bruise on her bum and the second time gave her a little cut on her eye and a goose egg. As if her week couldn't get any worse she manages to injure herself the worst of all last night. AAAAAAH, when there's blood involved I admit, I REALLY struggle. And you know how you eat and talk with you mouth and all that jazz? Well that makes it the least ideal spot to get injured which just makes it THAT much harder for me to deal with.
So last night Audree was playing with the door on our buffet table. Mark told her to shut it and I think in an attempt to be a little defiant she slammed the door shut as hard as she could. Well on it's way past her it whacked her in the mouth. I didn't even realize that it happened until I look over and her hand is on her mouth and she starts crying.
Well usually I overreact about these mouth injuries. It's always just an ouchie on the lip that results in a bit of blood and a fat lip. So I calmly went and got her a wet paper towel to put on her mouth and she settled down and the bleeding slowed down and pretty much stopped.
After she calmed down Mark asked her to pull her lip up so he could see if it is ok. I pulled her lip up and nearly hurled(I know, what a great mom I am). She got a nice gash in her gums above her tooth and part of them is hanging down onto her tooth. I HATE mouth injuries. Honestly one of the things I am most paranoid about is my child knocking a tooth out or doing other such mouth injuries. So I wasn't doing too well last night! But Mark got a good look at it and said he thinks she's just fine and that it isn't that bad.
Mark had to head to basketball so in an attempt to forget about things I let Audree take a shower so I wouldn't have to look at her injury and she could feel a little better after getting hurt. I get her out, get her diaper on and stick her in her room to watch Beauty and the Beast and go get Arya since she woke up and wanted to eat. I came downstairs to relax in front of the tv while I nursed her and when she was back asleep I took her up and laid her down and go to check on Audree and find that she had taken her poopy diaper off and went and laid in bed and peed in it. OY!!!
I was beginning to cry at that point and Arya decided she didn't want to sleep through the excitement so I got to listen to her cry while I put Audree in the shower once again and proceeded to clean up her mess. Arya showed no signs of relenting so I pulled her out and fed her some more but obviously she wasn't going to let that put her back to sleep. And of course I'm in a really bad mental state and Mark is not around. Finally I just broke out crying. Yeah the whole poopy situation was a disaster but I am pretty sure all my tears were over Audree's injury. How are we supposed to avoid food until it is healed? Yogurt, juice and milk is going to get really old after a day. How do I look at her smile and not wanna barf because I see that flap of gum hanging down. I wish I could just be brave about it but for some reason it's causing me some excess anxiety. But Mark assures me it is just fine but he doesn't have to be the one at home dealing with her now does he??
At least Audree is acting normal. She doesn't seem to be in any pain and it doesn't seem to bug her except for the fact that she tries to pick at it...bleck! I am praying that it heals quickly even if it is just for my sake!!
1 comment:
I'm sorry you had such a rough week and a such a rough day. Audree that little stinker! Sometimes motherhood is just too difficult to deal with. :(
Post a Comment