
On Sunday as we were sitting through sacrament meeting Arya decided to play peek-a-boo with the family sitting behind us. It took me a little bit to figure out what Arya was saying but every time she'd stand up on the chair bend down she'd say something and then pop up. I mentioned to Mark that I think she was saying her name and he said that yes, she is. She picked it up from us playing the game with her, "where's Arya? there she is!!" When she does it it goes a lot like this: she bends down says "awa" then pops up and says "boo!" So cute! It never fails to amaze me how smart children are, how much they pick up on and how much they understand.
Arya is definitely all girl. "Baby" has been among the very first words for both my girls. Baby dolls make such an impact on them that probably aside from it being an easier word to say, it's a memorable one. She says it like "BeBe."
Arya is near walking but I don't think she's going to pick up on it as quickly as I originally thought she would. She's not very patient and doesn't have the patience to learn to balance before she starts taking steps. Almost every time we try to practice standing she takes off walking before I can let go of her or she knows I'm standing just two steps and a fall in front of her and she does just that, takes two steps forward then falls into me. Silly girl. The little stinker is always into everything anyways so I am not sure walking will change much about how she already is, at least not for a while. So I'm ready for her to walk so she can keep up with her sister and friends. Don't worry, I'm sure it will be soon though.
I love my Arya Boo...I think our little nickname for her has always been fitting but probably even more so now!
No comments:
Post a Comment