Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Our Story: The Middle

Finally came the summer and off went the girl who was not right for Mark. She returned home for the spring and summer semesters and Mark stayed at the Glenwood. At this point I was just glad to have my friend back.

I remember one summer day we were having a ward party and me and Mark happened to meet up in the breezeway and walk together. We spent most of the party sitting on the couch together and chatting. I ended up leaving with two other boys who spent the walk back to the apartments telling me I'm a home wrecker, jokingly of course(You see Mark and the-girl-not-right-for-Mark weren't really broken up. It was sort of a we'll see how it goes when I get back sort of situation). The funny things is is even then I still wasn't thinking of him in the dating light, and obviously I still assumed he was taken. But I guess others saw things I didn't even know was there yet.

Slowly our get together became more frequent. Mark got a call and instead of waiting til the summer was over was broken up with over the phone. At this point I can probably note that my feelings for him were a little more then just that of a friend, though maybe I still didn't know it quite yet. I was extremely annoyed with the whole situation, Mark was still holding out a hope that this girls return would change things. Needless to say she came back and things were over. So enter Sami as best friend helping Mark get through this difficult time :) This is probably about when I started going over every day and playing smash brothers with Mark and his roommates.

I'm not really sure what Mark was thinking at this point in time but all this time being spent together my feelings for him were clear to me. I wasn't getting that sick feeling I usually get when I think of being with a person or kissing that person(odd I know, but I was never one to date a person unless I could see myself marrying them). I was spending every spare moment with him and I was increasingly looking forward to all those moments. Occasionally we'd sneak away to the UPC and find an open piano and play together. The best part of it all was I could see that he too was increasingly enjoying those moments he spent with me. He wanted to do all this stuff with me, and just me. It was obvious that we both liked each other...at least obvious to others. Mark wasn't asking me on a date, so I didn't know if he liked me and he wouldn't ask me on a date cuz he didn't know if I liked him! haha!

Stay tuned to find out what happens in the final chapter of our love story. At least the final chapter to our unmarried lives as our love story continues on even now through our marriage and the expansion of our lovely little family and hopefully on through eternity.

No comments: