you feel like blogging but have nothing to blog about? What what do you blog about then? My life isn't that interesting but here goes whatever I can come up with!
On Friday night we had a date with the Gants and it was nice to get away from the kids for an evening. Many thanks to my sister Becca for being able to babysit last minutes as our original babysitters had stuff and canceled last minute. We went to CPK and I got the Jamaican Jerk pizza because I love it and I look forward to it every time we go :) Then we walked around the mall a wee bit and went to a frozen yogurt place called Menchies.
The next day I did a haircut for my little niece. She had cut her pony tail off so there I was trying to make it look better. I gave her a cut little a-line bob and thinned out the hair that she cut off so it wasn't so blunt and gave her some layers. Sometimes it's hard to fix those hair accidents but I think I did a good job, and I did the best that could have been done without a super super short haircut.
After that I took my sister back home(after babysitting for us she spent the night) and then met up with Jill to go to the Women's Expo. We stopped by the Miche bag booth and I bought me a large bag. It's orange, and that makes me happy, but it was way expensive, and that doesn't make me very happy :( I found out when I got home that they charge shipping and handling...what?!? Yes they charged me shipping and handling for bags that were already at the booth. I really might as well have just bought it on the internet. When we first got there it was looking really good and looking like it was going to be a good deal. Yeah, after the 15 bucks they added to the price it wasn't so nice anymore. And we ended up with the wrong bag to go inside the shell and we had to go all the way back to the expo to get it exchanged. No deal was offered for our wasted time or anything and I thought that was a little annoying. Seriously people, learn how to run a business!! If you are going to try and steal my money at least do it right the first time! But I like my bag and it better last a really really really long time, cuz I am not ok with paying that much for a piece of crap :)
Last night we planted a weeping cherry in our yard. Saturday we'll probably plant more stuff, carve out the area's for the gardens, put the rest of the grass in and we should be done with are yard for the year!! I will definitely be grateful for the winter where working on the yard just cannot happen therefore the HOA cannot bug us about making more progress on it. Though you never know with HOA's...they are usually as corrupt as can be and joy in sucking as much money from homeowners as they can.
I have never read The Series of Unfortunate Events before. Since I am waiting for a few things from the library(some of which have been on hold since mid-June!!! YES, mid-June! And judging by the progress I probably wont be getting that one til December...and if not by then my hold will expire...AWESOME!) and I wanted to read something I decided to read those since almost all the books had an available copy. Right now I have the first 7 checked out and I just finished book 2. I honestly can't decide whether I like these books or not. I've seen the movie and Count Olaf is much, much worse in the books then in the movie. And all the death...I've never been one to love stuff like that. Still there is an appeal to the books that makes me not want to listen to Lemony Snicket and keep reading. I like that the books are super quick reads and are pretty chill. Makes for nice light reading.
Well I think it's time I pull my girls away from the boob tube and go start working in the yard. Better do it now when the sun is still shining on the back of my house and not the front. Here's praying that energy will magically seep into my body!
1 comment:
It was fun to hang out with you guys with no kids! Thanks for coming! They really charged you shipping and handling on the bag?! That's so dumb! You should write to them and complain about all the problems you had. If they want your business, they should do something about it.
Post a Comment