The pregnancy is going great. I am 29 weeks and measuring about 30. Arya's heartbeat today was 156 so we are doing great. My blood pressure is nice and low/average. So I am doing great. I go in on Saturday morning to do my glucose screening test :( Not very excited for that but ready to get it over with. My next appointment is on March 15, the month before the month I have my baby :) I also have an ultrasound on that day to reaffirm that the placenta is nice and away from my cervix and of course to get another view of our sweet little girl. In the past 5 weeks I have gained 5 pounds, Yay! A lot closer to the pace I want to be gaining weight instead of 3 pounds a week. I'm sore and tired but very happy that my family is coming tonight.
Now for the game. It's not so much of a game for fun but an exercise to help me remember to be happy and that I am a great person. So since these pregnancy hormones got me down a lot of the time I saw on someone's blog that they posted 10 things they liked about themselves because they were feeling down. So here I go:
1) I don't hold on to grudges for very long. I was thinking about this the other day and even with some of the people that have hurt me the most I find that I can't hold on to a grudge for very long at all. I see grudges as one of the largest of human follies and therefore being able to let go is an attribute that I am happy to have. It not only helps in friendships but in marriage. When I come across people who can't let go I often wonder how they live like that. Even recently I was incredibly angry with someone and thought I would never ever get over it and randomly I saw her and talked with her and much to my aggravation I found that I was no longer angry with her. A blessing I asked for but almost begrudgingly received. But really it's made my life so much easier.
2) I am good at doing hair. I excel in giving haircuts and styling hair but am well rounded in the other aspects of beautifying hair.
3) I make really cute babies. Haha, which I am sure most people will say because your own children are one of your greatest creations. And that's how I feel about my babies.
4) I like my blue eyes. Of all my features I feel like my eyes are my best. I think Mark would agree but I don't know.
5) I'm a good cook. I think in 2 and a half years of marriage I've only made one thing that Mark didn't love. I'm really good at dishes with gravies and I take pride in that I have probably one of the best homemade chili recipes in the world and I made it up myself :) I'm also really good at "winging it" cooking. I can often create a really good meal without having a specific recipe to follow. I like to experiment with flavors and try and create the best possible outcome for any dish even if it takes multiple tries.
6) I'm a really quick learner and when I am not pregnant I have a pretty good memory. This has benefited me well in many aspects of my life.
7) I'm not excellent at interior design but I have a pretty good eye and I love how the inside of my house looks. I like that most of the wall decor that we own I have made on my own or with the help of Mark. I like art and am not totally devoid of talent.
8) I am pretty good at card games and games that involve some strategy. Me and Mark love to play games together and sometimes I even win, which is saying a lot considering my partner.
9) I'm a good, flexible, honest and not-flaky friend. Friendships are very important to me and when I make friends it is very important to me to be a good friend. I am a great hater of flakiness therefore I try really hard and am really good at not being flaky myself. And if I need to work around someone's schedule I make myself flexible because like I said, friendships are really important to me and I really value friends who view friendships the same way i do.
10) I am and always have been a somewhat logical person. I have fun but am not silly. Some people may not see this as a good quality but I do. I don't put myself in situations where I feel stupid because I think before I talk and I don't do things that will embarrass me. I can hold up my own in most conversations even if I am not entirely educated on the matter I use common sense and logic to back myself up and I'm good at it. Though I never venture into being rude which I also see as another positive thing. People who can't conversate without being rude are people I can't respect or be around and so I try hard myself to never speak like that. And it's not in my nature to anyways.
So there you go, 10 things about myself that I like. Anyone else who is feeling a little down and needs a bit of a boost feel free to do this too. Even if you don't post it on your blog just think of 10 things about yourself that you like and you'll be surprised about how you feel afterwards. Doing this reminded me of being in Young Women's and the fact that they always pounded this into our minds. "I am of infinite worth with my own divine mission which I will strive to fulfill." I think this is one that we all often forget. I know I do. I often let the thought of what others think of me overcome me and get me down. Then I forget my worth to God. I let situations in my life get me down and again I forget my worth to God. But mine is a divine mission. I am doing good things. I am bringing lovely children into this world because I know it's part of my mission. And I pray that I will be the kind of mom that is understanding and will say the right things and do the things I need to do in order to bring my children up righteously and to be happy, loving, forgiving, honest and good people. And isn't this a mission full of much worth? My worth isn't based on whether or not I succeed at these things but in the fact that I've done and tried my hardest. My worth isn't based on my situation or worldly possessions but who I am, which is not a bad person. I wish I could remember this every day but I am glad I can remember it today. And hopefully in the future I will try harder to remember this. Even when the hormones have leveled I know that this is still something I need to constantly remember. I really hope this doesn't sound like a bragging post cuz that was truly not it's intent.
3 comments:
It is true, there was one dish she made that I didn't like. I expressed that opinion and she hasn't made it since. However, I would like to clarify that although I didn't like it, it was a dish I could see many other people liking a lot. You can blame that one on me, so my wife's record remains intact.
And yes, your eyes are beautiful.
speaking of hair...how much would you charge for a full weave? i've been wanting to dye my hair for a long time now...i was looking at pictures from my wedding, and i loved the color then! and of course you did it. :)
Hey Christine, It would be 45 bucks for a full weave. Let me know if you'd still like me to do it!
Post a Comment