Monday, February 8, 2010

My Berfday

So I am sure if I was a man I would be totally psyched that my birthday fell on Super Bowl Sunday this year and I probably would have had a nice big party with tons of friends over and lots of yummy but unhealthy food. Well because I am not a man nor a huge lover of the NFL I didn't see sharing my birthday with the Super Bowl as an amazing thing so we decided to celebrate my birthday on Saturday.

We started off the day just by hanging out in our bedroom as a family and spending some fun time together. At about 10:30 Mark needed to head to Orem to go play some basketball but before he left he gave me my present and told me what we were going to do(I don't know if any of you guys get this treatment but Mark NEVER tells me what he plans. He makes me wait til either the day of or til we get to where we are going before he lets me in on the surprise). So once Mark left for basketball I whipped up a batch of sugar cookies so we could frost them when Mark got back. I'm not a huge fan of sugar cookies cuz they are generally too crunchy(I don't love crunchy) so we don't do sugar cookies too often. I found a different recipe but I think it was too soft...maybe I'll cook them longer next time. Either way I am still looking to find a sugar cookie recipe with a perfect balance between too crunchy and too soft. Here are a couple pictures of the sugar cookies we made:

After the sugar cookies we put Audree down for a short nap and I finished putting my face on and styled my hair so I would look presentable for our coming activities. Once we were ready we packed up and headed to Ikea where Mark let me pick out some more of my awesome Ikea dinnerware. After the madness of Ikea we dropped Audree off at Mark's parents and we headed to the Gateway Mall for dinner.
We thought it only appropriate since we were going to a Jazz game to go to the Skybox sports bar for dinner. I had been to the Skybox before but I was single and extremely poor so I only had chips and salsa and I was excited to try more. Oddly enough the best thing about the dinner was the salsa, haha! Seriously though, I was starving though because I had had a measley lunch of only half a piece of pizza and hadn't had anything but sugar cookies since. So I pretty much downed 2/3's of the salsa(poor Mark didn't stand a chance against my appetite). Then our entrees came and I scarfed most of my salad...at least the parts that had dressing on them and claimed half of Mark's fries as my own. I ate half of my teriyaki chicken sandwich but couldn't continue on because the bun got really soggy and I was starting to gag or else I might have finished it. We didn't do the dessert their because we wanted to get to the Energy Solutions arena before the game started.

As we were walking through I spotted a Red Mango kiosk and decided that would be our dessert...or rather mine, I am such a pig. Mark probably got like 3 bites of the large yogurt and I had the rest. Once I start eating that stuff it's seriously hard for me to stop. Even when I am full I can still manage to squeeze some of that stuff in.

The game was good and we won! Yay! But somehow it seems like I always get stuck sitting around the biggest idiots in the world. The people sitting behind us were loud and annoying, the little boy sitting behind me wouldn't stop kicking me chair(the constant blows to my back was really getting on my nerves) and so me and Mark switched seat and the boys next to me were in and out every 10 minutes and were texting the whole time. One kid would just up and kick his chair and swing his arms madly when the Jazz did something good...one time he seriously came within an inch of elbowing me in the stomach and I seriously wanted to let him know that if he hit my baby I would ring his bells as hard as I could. The other kid that would periodically sit next to me was texting the whole time and decided that my personal space was his space and not mine. I hate people who are so unaware of the people around them and seriously think they own the place. I would have sat next to the people to the left of us who were perfectly good sitting neighbors but if I sat in that chair I would have had to endure the repetitive blows to my back. The kid seriously couldn't hold still for anything. Magically though I still made it through the game having enjoyed myself. Here's a picture of the Jazz t-shirt Mark got me for my present:



You may ask, why Millsap? Well I'll tell you why Millsap...he's only freaking awesome and he comes straight from the WAC. Yes, the WAC!! I used to go the the BSU basketball games with my dad before I moved out here to Utah and I remember hearing Millsap's name when he played for LA Tech. When I heard that the Jazz picked him up I knew he was from the WAC and I was ecstatic. And then I watched him play and he didn't disappoint and still doesn't. It just goes to show ya that conferences like the WAC are very underappreciated and turn out just as good of players as any other college. I mean heck, Ronnie Price is freaking awesome and he went to UVSC(or UVU as it is currently known). So thank you Mark for my awesome birthday present. :) I really enjoyed myself and I love my t-shirt as well as my ikea plates.

And because yesterday was the Super Bowl we did party in our own little way. We had roast with homemade bbq sauce, buffalo wings, a veggie tray, potato chips, soda and some of the yummiest rolls in the world curtesy of the Naborhood Bakery. Not the healthiest selection I know but I figured it was a special occasion and I allowed myself to indulge. And indulge I did. I indulged so much that I crashed after I ate and while I was sleeping I guess my food came back up and I inhaled it and started choking and gagging and nearly threw up...oh the happiness that is pregnancy. We ate at around 4 and I went to bed at 11 and still I could feel the intense pressure of all the food I had consumed...I will be happy once my food can digest at a normal, faster pace again.

Now I have the coming of my family to look forward to. They will be here Thursday night and I can't wait. Sunday we are also having Mark's family over and we are celebrating mine and my brother Carter's birthday. We are going to have totally awesome cake that I can't wait to make and lots of yummy birthday food(when i say birthday food I mean stuff that tastes so stinking good that it can't possibly be healthy, but I am ok with that because it is our birthday celebration. We deserve it :)). Audree is also really excited that everyone is coming. She goes on for like 10 minutes if I let her talking about Becca and Chrissie and Carter and Tante and Grandma and Grandpa. She is definitely excited to see them and I am excited to have them come!! Can't Wait!!

No comments: