Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lent


So I have never given up anything for Lent before...in fact I really didn't ever hear about it til a few years ago. It seems like a lot of my friends give up something for Lent and I thought that it might be worth trying this year. I'm not the sort of person to take drastic measures. Personally I don't believe in depriving myself of things that are just fine in moderation. So instead of giving up all sweets, like I've heard many people say they are doing, I'm just giving up candy. I've been eating way too much of it lately and I know I can benefit from giving it up. So until Easter, no candy for me :)

Is anybody else giving up anything for Lent? If so, what are you giving up? Good luck to everyone who has decided to give something up and I'm excited to hear how you've all done at Easter time.

3 comments:

Christine said...

yes! i want you to do my hair. problem is ... my hair is pretty long now. like to the bottom of my scapula. does that change anything price-wise? i imagine it would.

and

i also need a trim. how much would that be? i like my hair long, so i don't want to take too much off, but the ends are...fried beyond fried.

and

my scheduled is busy. i'm available all evenings, but if we wanted to do it during the day we'd have to figure something out.

Christine said...

ps

based on those park pictures you posted, i think i know exactly where you live!! cool!!!

Rebecca said...

I'm giving up texting during class... it's pretty tough so far ;)