We celebrated Mark's birthday bout a month early this year. Mark's birthday is on the 27th and the baby is due on the 30th...the baby could come before then...the baby could come on that day...or I could be ready to 'SPLODE...the unknown can be quite difficult to deal with. Hence the reason we decided to celebrate early.
The Plan:
Pile blankets and pillows into the back of the van, head up American Fork Canyon with some take-out, relax, eat and watch a movie.
What actually happened:
Mark picked up some California Pizza Kitchen, root beer and dessert on his way home from work. When he got home we cleaned out the back of the van, vacuumed it and made a nice little "bed" if you will in the back of the van complete with 5-6 blankets and like 10 pillows. We piled in the food, the laptop...all the things we needed for our little date. We went up into the canyon and found a little picnic site and parked. We climbed into the back, set up the laptop and chowed down on some absolutely fabulous pizza. Mark got the buffalo chicken pizza, I got the Jamaican Jerk(freaking delicious) pizza and the Tomato and Basil pizza. So far date going well.
We go to start the movie and for some reason the sound on our laptop decided to freak out. We spent the next hour trying to figure it out. Shutting down the laptop, restarting the laptop, pulling the dvd in and out, trying a different dvd program, updating programs and all this to no avail. Meanwhile I have to go pee and I'm like dying. So we headed back to our house, i snuck in to use the little girls room and then we preceeded to try more to fix the sound problem. Still would not be fixed. So to not make entire waste of our efforts we climbed into the back, played some computer games and once it was 9 we headed back in and let Mark's sister go home.
I was pretty disappointed. Actually I felt crappy because it seems that Mark always plans such good things for my birthdays and I tried to plan something I knew he would enjoy(relaxing, eating, watching an action movie...alone). I hate how things I plan hardly ever work out right. :( Mark said it was fine but I know he was disappointed that our supposed to be relaxing turned into more work for him.
But when we got home Audree was already in bed so we brought our dessert upstairs and watched Sherlock Holmes in our bedroom. For the large majority of the movie I wasn't sure if I liked it. But as things progressed I could see that it wasn't creepy and disturbing stuff and I was actually quite satisfied at the minimal amount of blood and gore in the movie. It was quite an interesting portrayal of Sherlock Holmes but I think it was good. Mark pointed out that Psych is a spin off of Sherlock Holmes which I could totally see. Sherlock and Shawn are both very quirky characters that use science, common sense, and details to solve "mysteries." By the way I'm a little sad that this season of Psych is over. It's really such a great show.
Oh and I forgot to mention that for Mark's birthday present I bought him Killer Bunnies. He seemed to be happy with it, and I think he was surprised. He also gets to buy a couple things of his choice that can only be purchased online and seeing as I can't buy anything online without him knowing what it is I figured I'd just let him do it.
So the night wasn't a total bust but it really wasn't what I wanted it to be. Oh well, the food was still good and we did get to watch the movie aaaaand we did get to do all of this without Audree. Granted Arya was still part of our little venture, and she made a large point of making herself known the WHOLE entire night, but we were as alone as we possibly could be. So that was our night...at least we still have a free meal at Tucano's to look forward to. :)
1 comment:
Even though it didn't turn out like you had planned, it sounds like fun and the best part was probably to get away from Audree. It's always nice to get away for awhile. And yay for Tucano's!
Post a Comment