Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Insane???

Were me and Mark insane when we decided we wanted to have another baby? It's days like yesterday and today that I really think that maybe we were.

The never ending tantrums to be distracted or ignored...
The toys scattered all over the family room....
Millions of pieces from board games out of their boxes...
Pointless after pointless attempt at time out...
7 months pregnant, sore as crap, going up the stairs for the 50th time...
3 stinky poopy diapers all to be changed by muah...
Cereal, raisins and graham cracker crumbs littering the kitchen floor...
Open defiance...
Peed through diapers...
Intense after intense contraction...
Spilled milk...
Outfits ruined 10 minutes after putting them on...

Being a mom to a toddler while being pregnant is honestly the hardest thing I've ever done in my life so far. It's a good thing that amidst all this stuff that makes me question my sanity there are giggles and smiles and learning and growing and this face that makes it all worth it. And it's a darn good thing that babies come out so tiny and irresistibly adorable. My excitement for Arya to come though is no less then on a fantastic day with little to no tantrums from miss Audree. I know Arya is meant to be with our little family and though some days seem rough and I wonder how much harder it will be with two, I love being a mom, I love my beautiful and amazing daughter Audree and though we haven't met Arya yet I already love her so very very much. Being is mom is the hardest thing I've ever done yet the most rewarding experience of my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In spite of all the chaos, the little ones are so special and bring so much joy that you just can't help but love them. Even when the hands have been a little naughty...