Monday, March 15, 2010

Sometimes coming up with a title isn't fun...or I just can't think of anything. So this is my title.

Today was supposed to be a good day. I had a doctors appointment and an ultrasound to look forward to. Yay...well the day was doomed from the very beginning I guess. And when I say doomed I mean that the emotions that come along with a hectic morning usually seem to affect the rest of the day...in a not so good way.

Like most morning I procrastinated taking a shower til I knew I would need almost every minute to get ready. But I figured it was ok. That is until Audree decided to poop in the shower. Some days it is just easier to put her in with me rather then risk her getting into a whole heck of a lot of stuff that she shouldn't(which she will do). So that's why she was in there with me. I had just shampooed my hair and had to get out of the shower all cold and naked and clean up Audree's mess...not to mention I had just shampooed my hair so I had suds dripping all down my back. I tried sitting Audree on the potty to see if she had to go anymore but she flipped and just wanted down. So I stuck her in a diaper and she screamed potty at me the whole time(makes sense right??? NOT). So I brought her back into our bedroom and I finished my shower while she laid on the ground and screamed. By the time I got out I was rushing to get ready(I really really super hate rushing getting ready...I usually end up looking at feeling like crap). Great start to the morning eh?

Well I had my appointment(ultrasound first) and the technician had no idea why I was doing another ultrasound. She said she already told the doctor that the placenta was moved off of my cervix and I just told her I do what the doctor tells me. Well I was hoping maybe to get something from the ultrasound, like maybe measurements about how big she is and stuff like that. But all it was was a quick look at the placenta, face, feet, heart and kidneys. I moved on to my appointment and everything was normal, as usual. The baby's head is down which is good because I was a tad concerned it wasn't. The doctor asked if I have questions, I asked if it was normal to have contractions that were a little painful and he said they can be extremely painful but as long as they aren't coming more then 4 times an hour then it's nothing notable. Reassuring eh? Not so much. Then of course since I am 33 weeks I figured I would be starting my appointments every 2 weeks so I was a little shocked a pretty disappointed when the doctor told me to schedule my next appointment in 4 weeks. I was quite looking forward to going more frequently seeing as it's something to look forward to to help the time go more quickly...well I guess not. When I scheduled the appointment the nurse was also shocked that my appointment was for 4 weeks and not 2...but she said the time she second guesses the doctor will be the time she is wrong...so yeah, my next appointment I will be 37 weeks. I don't get it and I'm not happy about it but whatever

After the appointment I took Mark back to work and me and Audree decided to head to the mall to get her an Easter dress. I got her an adorable purple dress and I am excited for her to wear it. Instead of getting just the dress though I ended up spending 70 bucks on clothes...somehow that just makes me feel worse about today. I hate how expensive clothes are. But they are super cute and I did get Audree a really cute swimming suit.

We got some pretzel bites and lemonade, which Audree took most the lemonade and refused to eat any of the pretzel making for a soon to be cranky baby. We headed to Joanns to get some fabric for some cute projects I have been doing(I'll post pics in another post) and I barely made it out of the store alive(exaggeration but you people with ornery kids know what I'm talking about). I then fought Audree for about 10 minutes to get her into her car seat. She continued screaming and I tried to give her toys/books and she threw them all back at me. We headed to Mark's office so he could give us some juice and m&m's to keep Audree happy. That seemed to work for the ride home but then we got home and Audree was pissed that I was taking her inside and at the top of the stairs she got all limp, I tripped over her and scraped myself up on the frame of the door. 30 minutes later Audree has finally stopped crying about being put down for a nap. Now I am sitting her reflecting on everything and I feel like crying. What a happy day. I'm so ready to not be pregnant anymore. Please can this next month-month 1/2 go by quickly??? I'd sure appreciate it.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I hate days like that. I'm sorry, and it always makes things worse with a grumy kid. I'm surprised your appointment is 4 weeks away, what a bummer.