Just 4 weeks left until my due date! I am getting so excited for this little guy to come and maybe even more excited to have my body back to myself.
Here's my 36 week belly!
I had my 36 week appointment today and here's the latest. As I predicted after my last appointment they weighed my on their other scale and it had me 2 pounds heavier than my scale at home so it looks like I've gained 4 pounds but really I've only gained 2, which is good. My blood pressure is in the good range but actually higher than it has ever been.
My belly is measuring 38 weeks and I'm thinking either this boy is gonna be big or I've got a "bulgy bag of waters" like last time...or both. I was concerned about his movement because this morning he was being pretty sluggish but his heartbeat was good(140) and I came home and had a cold soda and now he seems to be awake and moving more normally.
I had to get swabbed for the gbs test today. That's always fun :S or something...but the positive was that the midwife, though they don't usually check people this early, checked me. It's looking like things are progressing well. I am dilated to a 2 1/2 and 50% effaced, pretty good for only 36 weeks. Hopefully that means that by the time I do go into labor I will already be almost or halfway dilated so I'll only have 5 or 6 centimeters to go like last time.
Things just continue to get more uncomfortable for me. Aside from the normal complaints like lots of pelvic soreness, a million braxton hicks contractions, all around squish-ed-ness and heartburn/nausea/indigestion I have been feeling more crampy lately and have a handful of painful contractions a day. They are not too intense but they are pretty uncomfortable and there is no consistency to them at all. Baby boy must be really strong or really long(or possibly both) because all his movements anymore are pretty painful. I frequently get sucker punched in the bladder. He likes to dig his head down as far and hard as he can to the point where I feel like he's trying to break free. This causes more than just discomfort for multiple reasons I wont get in to but let's just say I can't wait to have my body back to myself!! It will also be nice to eat again and not feel like throwing up. Plus we are just so excited to meet this little guy!
I'm thinking his nursery probably wont be done before he gets here but at least we'll have like 6-8 weeks until he moves from our bedroom to his. Hopefully Mark can get all the hard work done in that time and I can get all the fabrics picked and the art done. We'll see though. I am really excited for his nursery to come together and I really just hope we'll have the time and energy to finish it!
I am feeling pretty exhausted right now so I think I'll peace out and take a nap, if the girls will allow it. 4 weeks or less to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment