*I just realized that blogger wont upload my video so I will try and upload it to facebook
I am feeling too lazy to break this post up into 2 posts so here is everything all at once.
Monday was Arya's b-day as well as my 37 week appointment. Because the weekend was really bad for me I woke up not even remembering it was Arya's birthday and I felt really bad. We said happy birthday to her and she really didn't seem to care and realize what it meant. Mark stayed home from work that day because I was really struggling to get around and I needed his help with the girls. So I spent the morning napping and trying to recover and Mark got the girls ready to go to my appointment.
The whole morning I just knew that I was going to cry during my appointment. I have pretty much spent the last 6 months of this pregnancy being unable to cry and then this weekend things happened and I hit my breaking point and I've cried pretty much every day since Saturday, a lot. So I get to my appointment and we end up having to wait a lot longer than normal and I am feeling extremely hot and my heart palpitations wouldn't stop. The midwife comes in and she asks me if I am doing ok and of course I break down and let her know what's been ailing me. She was very kind and sympathetic and got me on some medication to help with pain management.
I was still feeling pretty bad about things but physically feeling a little better. I have still been struggling because my labor and delivery plans have to be changed in order to deal with things properly and because I wont be giving birth without an epidural I think I have decided I want to be induced at 39 weeks so next appointment hopefully my midwives will understand and I can talk to them about it. I am really disappointed about this amongst other challenges I will face but my husband reminded me that I am lucky this is the worst of my problems in 3 pregnancies. I am feeling better but still get hit with anxiety induced heart palpitations more often then I've ever had before.
This morning I woke up barely able to move. Every step has been extremely painful. If I stop moving for even a little bit or sit down then when I get up or get moving again everything is extremely painful once again. This baby is seriously, seriously kicking my trash. Sometimes I wonder how this baby can still be inside of me. I've never hurt this bad in a pregnancy before. This morning I felt like I got hit by a truck...multiple times. At this point this pregnancy has really got me thinking this will be our last baby cuz I just don't know if I can do this anymore. It will take me a really long time to forget the troubles of this pregnancy.
So back to Monday. After my appointment we headed to Orem Community to pick up the medication and some other things the midwife arranged for me to grab and we pre-registered so if I do go into labor on my own we are set to go.
Once all that was finished we headed to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate Arya's birthday. We just had pizza and let the girls ride a bunch of rides. The girls LOVED IT! Seriously I have not seen them so excited to be somewhere. Arya quickly figured out how the machines worked and insisted on putting all the tokens in herself. I wasn't sure if I was feeling well enough to go but I was glad I did. It was great to see the girls have so much fun and I think in the end it made me feel better.
After we wore out our tokens we headed home and Mark whipped up some cupcakes for Arya. I feel bad that I didn't have her party better planned but I am just so exhausted that it was probably a blessing that we didn't have anyone over or anything. If you watch the video you'll see all the presents she got. After she opened her presents and we had cupcakes we then had FHE and took the girls outside to blow bubbles. They had lots of fun playing outside and screamed about coming back inside...really makes me not want to take them outside again...oh well.
Tuesday morning Arya had her well child check up. She is doing really well and it was funny to see her deal with the nurse and the doctor. When the doctor was examining her she just put her hand over one eye so as to hide from the doctor but kept the other eye on him to make sure he wasn't going to do anything to freak her out. She was laying there with her sucker and when the nurse stuck her with the needle for her shot she furrowed her eyebrows and lifted her leg up to examine her leg and I think was just thankful that she wasn't gonna be stuck with another needle. She continued to merrily suck on her sucker after that and was happy to get her clothes and sandals back on. She's also surprisingly had a growth spurt. I always think she is such a shrimp and a skinny minnie but she is now 24 lbs and her weight has jumped up to the 17th% from last appointment when she was down below the 5th%. She is also now 33.5 inches and her height has jumped up to the 50th% from last appointment where she was down somewhere near the 30th%. She is still a skinny girl but maybe she wont be such a shrimp...it will be interesting to see.
I am so grateful for Arya. She has seriously been such a blessing in our lives. It's so hard for me to believe she is 2 years old. She is a big girl now. She loves to play outside. She loves her sister and copying what she does but she also gets really possessive of stuff and isn't afraid to let Audree know when she doesn't want her anywhere near her. Often she finds toys she likes and will carry them around with her all day long and guard them jealously. She even tries to bring them to bed with her. This can be a problem when we are at other peoples houses and she tries to bring the stuff she carries around home with her. Silly girl. She is pretty good at eating different kinds of foods but probably like a lot of 2 year olds has picky days where she wont eat anything. I cannot say if she has a favorite food except candy. She loves to eat whatever I leave left of a banana I'm eating. She always eats her corn and peas pretty well. Probably her favorite lunch is chicken and dip. She usually really likes pastas with sauces and surprisingly will even enjoy spicier sauces. She is pretty obsessed with Spongebob Squarepants right now. She has also recently become obsessed with playing "Umi City," as she calls it, on the computer. Her favorite part of it being the crazy skates game. She likes to go down the stairs counting every stair she goes down. You can even find her jumping through the halls counting every time she jumps. When she counts she usually goes up to 17 but sometimes she'll count to twenty. She loves to play games on the ipad and she navigates it like a pro. She also enjoys tracing her numbers and letter on the ipad iwrite game. She still stinks at going to bed and mommy can no longer stay in the room to put her down or else there's lots of panicking and crying. She's still a huge mommy's girl but is finding more in common with her daddy as she gets older. She is still very cuddly and gives wonderful hugs and kisses and mommy still eats it up even if it means squishing baby brother and all my insides.
We are so thankful for 2 years with Arya!





2 comments:
I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. I didn't even know! If you ever need help just let me know. Even though I'm not around during the day, I'll be happy to help in the evening or on weekends. I hope this little guy comes soon so you'll be more comfortable.
I'm so glad Arya had a fun birthday! I love all the pictures!
I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'd love to help in any way I can! I'm hoping that little guy comes out soon for your sake! Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment