For a long time I've wanted a nice picture of Christ for our house. I wasn't looking for some cheap print but a really nice canvas print in a beautiful frame that will last through every move we make. There are a lot of great pictures of Christ out there but I needed to pick the right one as it would be the one I'd happily and lovingly display for the next many years. Inspired by the Carl Bloch exhibit at the Museum of Art on BYU campus a Relief Society leader of mine gave a lesson about the healing at the pool of Bethesda. I was really touched by the lesson and looked more into it and Carl Bloch. I came across this painting and I knew this was the one I needed to have.
At the time I first came across this piece of art it gave me much needed rest to my soul. About a year later we were finally in a position to purchase and frame this piece. The framing was completed just a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't wait to get it hung up. For me this painting has been like a gift that keeps on giving.
St. Luke 22:41-44 "And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast,
and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove
this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. And
there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. And
being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were
great drops of blood falling down to the ground"
The past few days I have been so completely overwhelmed with my almost 4 year old. Naughty deed after naughty deed. Punishment after punishment that ends up being more of a punishment to me. Heart to hearts...talking to mommy candidly, talking with daddy candidly, lesson after lesson about consequences to our actions and choosing the right and still day after day the exact same naughty decisions are made. I've been at a complete loss for what to do. I feel so broken right now. I've passed beyond the point where I can even get mad anymore. I give up. I just don't know what to do. The past few days have just snowballed and I've been holed up inside this house with a 4 year old that can't go a second out of my sight without sneaking/stealing/destroying. At first I thought maybe there were needs of hers I wasn't meeting and tried to meet them and still the same thing. Not only has this situation driven me to my wits end but it also has me overcome with the knowledge of what a complete failure I must be as a mom. Every day I try to do the right thing by them and everyday I see mostly failure.
I plopped myself on the couched so near tears and just ready to give up. I glanced over at that picture and was overcome with emotion as I remembered that even Jesus Christ need to be strengthened. So often I try to get through my days alone living off my own strength. Not often enough do I turn to the one person who understands. The one person who can give me the strength to go on. I still don't have a solution but I have a renewed resolve to carry on with the faith that this too shall pass.

1 comment:
Such a beautiful picture! Have you ever tried a rewards chart? My friend had the same type of things with her little girl same age as Audree so one day she made a chart and told the girl when she got 10 stickers she got to go on a date with her daddy and she got to pick what they did. The girl is such a daddy's girl that she got so excited over the thought of her going out just her and dad so she worked hard to get her stickers. She would get the stickers for listening right away, cleaning up toys, putting her dish in the sink, being nice to her sister and whatever other good choice she made. It took her about a week to earn enough stickers but it helped motivate her to make better decisions. Hope things get better soon expecially with baby boy coming soon.
Post a Comment