I had another appointment today. It was nice just to go and hear the heartbeat and know that things are going good. The doctor said that with my age group and the fact that the heartbeat is good says that I only have a 1% chance of miscarrying now. That always makes me feel better to hear that. The first trimester is always the most stressful. Just a few more days and I will have made it through my first trimester!! Yay! The great part is that it's gone so much faster this time then last time, which I am very grateful for.
I am starting to feel better physically. I still have moments where I feel like throwing up but I have a lot more moments where I feel almost normal...except for the dizziness and being tired. But now that I am being a little more active I am not quite as tired all the time.
So I have been debating about whether or not to get the H1N1 vaccine. I have been planning on getting the normal flu shot but I have been unsure as to the possible side effects of the H1N1 vaccine. Well I talked to my doctor today and he said that it's really important to get it especially for a pregnant woman. He did not seem to be concerned about possible side effects so I trust him and have decided that I will get it. I actually feel good about it. I have been pretty nervous about getting the swine flu and this will be able to alleviate my fears. I hate shots quite a bit but this time I'm not too scared to get one. So I think it is the right decision. It also could do with the fact that I'll be getting three very painful shots in my toe tomorrow and if I can make it through those shots I can make it through a single shot in my arm. Normally I would probably opt to do the nasal mist but because I am pregnant that is not an option. So wish me luck that it will all go well and that it will help me have a safe pregnancy.
I always think it is so weird that some people can go 5 months through their pregnancy and hardly show at all. I am 12 weeks and my belly sticks out a ridiculous amount for how far along I am. My pants aren't too tight yet, but that's because they are a size too big for me normally. It's actually kind of nice now cuz I don't have to wear a belt and my pants aren't always falling down without the belt. But I'm sure in a few short weeks my pants wont fit anymore. Which I am totally ok with cuz I actually love my secret fit belly maternity pants.
I bought a bunch of maternity clothes the other day online and I am anxious to get them and try them on. Hopefully they all fit. I didn't have any long sleeve maternity clothes last pregnancy because the later half of my pregnancy was through the warm months. This time most of my pregnancy except the last couple months will be cold. But it's nice that I wont have to buy more short sleeve clothes for those last couple months. The selection for maternity clothes during the winter is pretty stinky. The summer clothes are soooooooooo much cuter and a lot less expensive. But oh well.
I am very excited to be pregnant again and am anxiously awaiting April when we'll hopefully be welcoming a brand new babe into our home. I just learned that a friend in my ward is pregnant and about a week and a half behind me and I'm very excited about that. I've always wanted to be pregnant at the same time as a friend that is close by and experiencing things at a similar time that I am.
So the more I think about it the more ok I am with having a boy. I've always been scared of having boys. They can be wild and crazy and so hard to control. But I remember the kind of person Mark is and I hear the kind of baby he was and I think that chances are our boys will be mellow like Mark. And even if it wont be so, right now it gives me relief and makes me not so nervous to have a boy. It's funny because last time I was pregnant we had a bunch of girl names we like and we had the boy name picked out. This time we have the girl name picked out and a bunch of boy names...so if we do end up having a boy it will be difficult for me to decide which name to choose. Mark already knows the name he likes but I am not as sure as him. I mean I really like the name too but I am nervous that people will think it is too weird and I already get too much judgment in that department from Mark's side of the family. So if we do have a girl it will be a nice relief to not be going back and forth the whole pregnancy with possible names. Oh, and by the way, just 2 months until I find out what I am having! I think in about a month I'll be doing a poll to see what you all think I'll be having. I look forward to seeing the response! Be looking out for it.
2 comments:
I can't believe you are 12 weeks already. I swear you were just 7 weeks last week. :) Don't you just love how the second pregnancy goes much fast? You have little Audree to keep you busy. So who in the ward is pregnant along with you? I'm glad you're feeling better. You are so lucky to be feeling better so soon. Good luck with everything.
Glad to hear all is well with your pregnancy. My doctor tried to talk me into getting the Swine Flu shot, but there hasn't been any studies on it and I didn't want to take any chances. I am sure I am just being over paranoid. I am anxious and excited to hear what you will be having!!
Post a Comment