Today has been a long and stressful day and I'm glad all that's over and I can just relax. The day started with me getting ready quickly and not giving myself time to let the morning sickness subside so I felt doubly sick.
I had my toe appointment today at 11:45. We waited for almost an hour in the waiting area and Audree was so restless. The waiting area was super nice too so letting her run around wasn't a good idea. Also the lady across the area was talking about her daughters kids having the swine flu except the one she was holding and even though she didn't have it she's been exposed to people who have so I didn't want Audree getting near her.
Finally we got in to the appointment and the doctor was really nice. I like him and his perspective a whole lot more then the other doctor who failed to fix my toe the past 3 times. This doctor says he really wants to get in there and cauterize the wound so it doesn't happen again. The other doctor was a little flippant about the whole thing and it was driving me crazy. He was nice but not serious about getting the job done. So the new doctor, because he really wants it to not come back, thinks it is better that I wait til after I'm pregnant because there will probably be a greater amount of pain afterward and I'll need to take pain meds and stuff. So he wants to just "keep me comfortable" through the whole pregnancy. I get to go in every 2 months to just get the side of the toenail clipped off without getting the acid treatment. Unfortunately this means no numbing of my toe before he clips the toenail off. It hurt, a lot, but not much more then three shots in the toe hurt. He put a topical anesthetic on and so now my toe feels a lot better and shouldn't cause me too many problems for the next couple months. I can't wait for it to just all be over with.
After the toe appointment was Audree's 15 month well baby checkup. She's doing really good and the doctor is really happy with how she's progressing. He said this is usually the age where kids hate him the most and we were happy that Audree didn't start crying until he checked inside her diaper. She liked the stethoscope a lot but hated getting her ears and her mouth checked.
Because it is flu season the nurses hand out suckers for the little ones that are getting shots. Right before Audree got her shots we gave her the sucker. Unfortunately that wasn't good enough to distract her from the pain of the shots. The flu shot seemed to hurt her the worst :( It makes me sad. But it was cute afterward when we put her clothes back on she had some tears running down her cheeks but she was grinning because she was eating her sucker. Too bad they didn't give them suckers every time they gave the kids shots. It sure did make Audree's day though. Oh and here are her stats:
Head circumference: 94th%(huge head, I know)
Weight: 84th%(the doctor was very happy with this b/c Audree's weight has stayed consistent through the past year)
Length: 53rd%(the doctor said she didn't grow very much since the last appointment but she will likely have a larger growth spurt soon)
We finally got home around 3 and Audree is down for her nap and I am just relaxing. The doctor said that 15 months is probably the hardest months because kids don't understand discipline and they are busy busy getting in to everything. Audree is definitely busy getting in to everything so holding her through both appointments today so she wouldn't get into anything was challenging and stressful. But the hard part of today is over :) And I am going to eat something because I'm starving and sick. And watch some HG-TV :)
1 comment:
Finally!!! A Doctor that wants to help. I have had experiences like that. Isn't it so nice to know that there are people out there who truly care. Yeah I am wondering about getting the shot too! What did your doctor say about it? So how is the sickness is it subsiding? I just turned 23 on the 17th! YAY! I'm so excited that we are only a couple of months apart.
Post a Comment