Thursday, October 29, 2009

Much to be thankful for

Because Thanksgiving is coming up I thought it would only be appropriate for me to write things that I am thankful for. Because this world takes on the prospect of "give me candy, give me presents, thanks for nothing," I thought it was only appropriate that I start saying what I am thankful for before the holidays even start. I think every time I blog I will try to write something I am thankful for.

What am I thankful for today?

I am thankful for Mark. Why? For oh so many reasons. To name a few:
-Everyday Mark goes to work and uses his knowledge, his education and hard work to provide for our family and the things that we need. He works and has worked really hard to provide for us. He has amazing work ethic which can be hard to come by these days. We live the way we do because Mark works so hard. Because he works so hard I am not required to work and I can fulfill my life long dream of being a mother. What more can I ask for? I am blessed with a husband that understands that he has to work hard to have the things that we need and want.
-Mark is blessed with a ridiculous amount of common sense. Which is why we are so good for each other. We don't relish in the silly things in life. We enjoy laughing and having fun together but we really connect through good logical and meaningful conversation. Mark understands the world and life really well which is why he can earn money in the stock market and not lose it. When we conversate it makes sense and we get each other and we connect that way. I love connecting with my husband.
-Mark does the dishes and cleans the bathrooms for me. Two of the household chores that I loathe.
-Mark does all of the grocery shopping and often when I need some alone time he'll take Audree with him and give me the time I need.
-Because of him I have the most beautiful daughter in the world whom I love so very very much.
-Because of him I will soon have another beautiful child.
-Mark is always there for me when I need him...which is a lot now that I am pregnant/clingy/emotional.
-I get a back/shoulder/neck massage from my husband almost every day. How lucky am I? My pain is lightened every day because of his strong and willing hands.

There are many more things about Mark that I am thankful for but these are a few that stand out in my mind. I love my husband and am thankful that I get to spend eternity with him.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Thats so sweet! I hope Mark reads it :) I should probably tell Cory why I'm thankful for him too!