I had my 37 week appointment this morning at 9:05, bright and early. It went pretty much like I thought it would. I gained a little over 2 lbs. in the last 4 weeks(yay!). My blood pressure was nice and low and normal for me. I am measuring 37cm, so right on. The baby's heartbeat was good and up in the 150's which is generally where it's at. So all is looking good. I did also have my gbs test and will find out next week if I am positive for it. The doc also checked my cervix and I am dilated to a 3.
Also at the appointment the doctor asked if I wanted to be induced or go naturally. That one is tough for me because I don't really really want to be induced but I also don't want to go over my due date. I am really not wanting a 10 lb baby though. So the option is out there and I am not sure what I will decide. If I do get induced my options are the 27th, 28th or 29th. I really just kind of hope I don't make it to that point because I go into labor on my own. But who knows. I have been kind of stressed about what we are going to do with Audree if I go into labor in the middle of the night and stuff like that. So it would be nice to have it all planned out and have a babysitter here ready to go and all that good stuff. I can have the house cleaned and ready and so there is definitely an appeal to knowing when it will happen. Oh what to do? Also the 27th is Mark's birthday and I am not sure if I want it to be that day...I'll keep you all updated on what decision we make.
Until then though I'll be crossing my fingers and praying that Arya will be ready to come on her own pretty soon and put me out of my "misery." I say misery but honestly this part of my pregnancy has been better then the last, and even better the past couple months. I'm actually doing pretty well and my misery really is only my desire to have my baby here. I attribute a lot of how I feel to 1. some good advice that gave me some perspective and 2. the Omega 3 supplements I've started taking. Also if at all possible the pains of pregnancy have gotten less over the past week or so. I'm uncomfortable, for sure, but it seems less now...or I guess I notice it less. I was even able to turn over in my bed last night without any hip or lower abdominal pain. That was nice! So we are looking forward to these next couple weeks flying by until we get to meet our baby Arya. :D
2 comments:
If I remember correctly, didn't you go into labor with Audree a few weeks before your due date? Maybe that will be the case with Arya.
My parents were always able to find someone who was willing to come over, even in the middle of the night, to hold the fort down. I'm sure someone would be kind enough to help you out.
You are getting so close! Induction is nice because of the planning and having everything ready. I've had both ways and I personally prefer the induction but that's just my choice. This is completely up to you and what you feel is right for you guys. Also, we can help with Audree if you need us. Don't hesitate to call. Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!
Post a Comment