So Audree is in the shower right now and it's given me a little extra time. I like that we have a shower that isn't also a bath and that has a glass door...then I can watch Audree while keeping the door shut and there's no risk of her filling it up like a bath and drowning. I seriously think it is so silly that she loves to shower. She loves it even more when I let her do it all by herself. She scatters our shampoos and soaps everywhere, pulls out her bath toys sits down, stands up, walks around and love it until the water gets cold. We even like to make it a little bit of an educational experience. Her bath toys are the alphabet and numbers 1-9 and they are red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. We love to use these to practice her colors. Whenever I open the door to check on her, and she is playing with them, I ask her what colors she's playing with. I'm so impressed with her and how well she knows her colors. She occasionally still gets confused but she is so good. She pretty much always gets yellow, red and green right. Yesterday when we were playing outside unprompted she even went up to some spray paint on the driveway and touched it and said yellow. Then she went over to those green things that house the sprinkler stuff and called it green and also pointed out the spray paint on it was red. So smart! She's pretty good with blue and pink too. I think purple and orange are the ones she has the most difficulty with.
So Audree has developed this new thing where she is always telling us she has poo poos. She's even started going into the cupboard and grabbing a diaper and the wipes. I think it is her way of telling us she just went to the bathroom in her diaper, pee or poo. Either that or it's just her way of telling us she wants her diaper changed. I think it's a good sign that she is starting to be uncomfortable in her diaper and that she is recognizing her bodily functions. Maybe potty training isn't too far down the road.
So you know how the fits of different sizes at children's clothing stores vary between stores. Well apparently at babies r us when they say 24 months they don't mean up to 24 months. I bought this cute summer outfit for Audree and I just tried it on her. I nearly laughed myself to pieces. The capri's go down to her ankles and the shirt...well let's just say the neckline is a little revealing. I'm used to the clothing at the Childrens place where when I buy the size she should be wearing it ends up too small. It really is so stinking cute. Hopefully after I wash it it will shrink a little :) I do really wish though that the stores would all be consistent in their sizing. But now I know that when I'm buying from babies r us that I don't need to shoot high on the size. It's just kind of funny cuz I even have a large child...oh well.
Have I mentioned yet that I'm ready to have this baby? :) Too bad all my "signs of labor" are ones that can go on for weeks before baby comes. The biggest and weirdest one for me is the occasionally feeling that, were things more open, the baby would just fall out. When i went walking yesterday there was so much pelvic pressure. It seriously feels like she is trying to shove her way out. Whatever happens my body is obviously preparing for labor. 13 days or less!
No comments:
Post a Comment