Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Long and boring day

Today has been one of those long long long and ever so boring days. All I can think about today is going into labor. Probably because today is my sister's birthday(which I thought it would be cool if Arya shared her b-day with her awesome aunt) and because today was my dad's guess for when Arya would come. I really wanted it to be today but pretty much have known the whole time that it wasn't going to happen today.

I tried cleaning the family room to occupy my mind and pass the time but after that I was so exhausted that I just wanted to lay down and relax. The problem with that is my body says it needs to relax but my mind keeps going and going. I have done absolutely everything I possibly can with the laptop while resting and still I was left with tons of time with nothing to do. It's just one of those days where everything is boring. Nothing exciting on facebook, no updated blogs, no success with computer games...just boring.

So to loop back around that obviously leaves my mind to think a lot about going into labor. With Audree I had a feeling that she was ready to come out and just knew she would be coming soon, which was before my due date. This time I really don't get that feeling though. Even though I'm dilated to a 3 my body doesn't really seem to be showing any signs that labor is coming soon. :( I'm sad about it but I'm also ok with it because yes, we have decided that I will be induced and we've chosen the 29th as the day to do it. So come tomorrow we will know for sure that it wont be longer then 2 weeks until we get to meet Arya. I've come 38 weeks so far, so 2 weeks really isn't that much! It's a nice feeling to know that she can come anytime now but if she doesn't it wont be longer then 2 weeks! Mark my words though, if Arya holds out for that long she will probably come on Mark's birthday(the 27th) which we chose the 29th to specifically avoid that day. Haha, it wont be the end of the world but for my future sanity and for the benefit of Arya I'd like her to have her own day. My sister Amanda and my brother Keith were born on the exact same day 5 years apart and so seeing that growing up really makes me want all my kids to just have their own special day.

2 weeks, 2 weeks, 2 weeks...those two words are constantly in my thoughts. I'm so excited to have a newborn baby in our lives again. I do have my moments where I get anxious and freak out...I mean how many people look foward to being up multiple times in the night, or changing 30 diapers a day, or not being able to nap when the baby's napping because the toddler wont let you. It's things like that that make me go WOAH am I really ready to do this? Haha, but time is closing in and it will come no matter what. And aside from those random moments I really am so excited to meet Arya and see what she looks like and to cuddle with her and be constantly amazed at the miracle that growing a baby is. I'm excited for Audree to have a sister and a tad anxious to see how she will take having a new baby in the home, someone that will take a bit of attention away from her. And I'm definitely incredibly excited to be able to bend over again, and get on the ground without having contractions like mad and being able to lay on my back or stomach when I choose and being able to just feel like a normal human being again. I love that I can grow babies, it is truly a blessing that I am so thankful for, but being pregnant reminds me not to take my non-pregnant body for granted. I miss it a lot. Of course when I wasn't pregnant though I missed being pregnant...hahaha, so weird.

So I just spent 20 minutes writing this post...it's really one of those days where nothing I do passes the time away. Mark will leave work in 30 minutes and hopefully be home in an hour. This is the absolute longest part of my day :S I should be making dinner right now but we are having chicken...ever since the morning sickness I have struggled with the chicken. I don't think I've made something with chicken in like 3 or 4 months! Because of my sensitivity(that will hopefully go away after I give birth) I can't handle the raw chicken and remain feeling well enough to eat it. So I am waiting for Mark to get home to do all the chicken handling and then I'll do all the cooking. I know, I'm lame...but I believe all women who have been pregnant can understand how I feel.

Wow, that took 5 more minutes :(

Thankfully, when my husband does get home I can be with the only person who can keep me sane right now. He'll give me a nice back massage that will help relax my shoulder and rid me of some of my anxiety, we'll watch the Jazz game, probably get really pissed, watch last night's episode of Glee and today will be over and I can move on to another day.

Speaking of tomorrow, tomorrow our miss Audree will be 21 months! I can't believe it. She's growing up so quickly. In 3 months she'll be 2! 2! It's really so crazy to me that so much time has passed since I gave birth to her. I am excited for another child but am sad when I think how quickly that time has passed. I hope time wont go as quickly once Arya is born...but I'm sure it will :( All the more reason, I suppose, to make the most of every minute I have with my girls.

Oh, I also want to mention that we bought a kitchen table last night. It's a counter height table and can seat 8. We got all 8 chairs and the table for $550! Seriously a smoking deal. We have only put together 4 chairs but will do the rest tonight and then I'll take pictures. Since we have a pretty large island in our kitchen we are putting 2 of the chairs up to the island and the rest of the 6 chairs will be at the table, 1 of them with Audree's high chair. It looks so nice and I am so excited to have more seating in our house. When we only had 4 chairs we had to get really creative when we would have more then 2 other people over. Plus with Audree's high chair on one of the chairs and another chair at the kitchen desk it really only left us with 2 available chairs. Now we still have those other chairs, the one sill stay at the kitchen desk, another will go in the foyer for people to sit and put their shoes on and stuff and the other two will be around for when we'll need even more chairs for seating people. We now have plenty of seating! Tis a nice feeling.

Well, I think I have done well at using this post to pass my time away. It is now only 10 minutes until Mark will hopefully leave work. And for the sake of not boring the crap out of anybody who's made it this far I will stop rambling. I'm quite good at rambling...saying a whole bunch of boring nothings :)

Because I have no idea when Arya will come this could be the last post until she comes or I could do like 10 more...who knows. If I am lucky this will be the last. So until my next post or until Arya arrives cross your fingers and keep a prayer in your hearts that Arya will get here safely and all will go well with the labor and delivery. We are so so very excited to meet our little(or maybe not so little) girl!

No comments: