Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Masters and Men
For those of you who have seen North and South you'll know what I am talking about. There is a quote in the movie that says something like, There are those who raise themselves up to be masters and those who seek to bring them down. I think one of the reasons I like Mr. Thornton so much is because he is a hard working, no nonsense man. Instead of sitting around in his poverty and despairing over it he worked his tail off to become the master of Marlborough Mills. He wasn't lazy and didn't depend on anyone else to make life simpler for him. He prospered off of his hard work and dedication. I am grateful that Mark is the kind of person that works hard for what he earns. He doesn't depend on his parents or the government to support him. He got an education and worked hard for it and he used his education and hard work to find his job and he works really hard at it everyday and I am grateful for that. I am grateful I found someone that so closely resembles the traits contained in a character I really like and admire. I am definitely trying harder to be someone who tries hard to be a good mother a good friend and a good daughter. I hope I will never be labeled as someone who seeks to bring people down. That is definitely not God's way.
1 comment:
Hey Sami I am doing good. My mom has been in town so we have been out and about a lot lately! She is leaving in a few days SO SAD! Anyhow hopefully we can get together once she goes.
Post a Comment