Sunday, April 19, 2009

The House???

Upon Christine's request I am going to tell a little more about the house we are considering buying. Like I said, it is a lot more then we need but we are looking into it as a possible investment. The house is in Cedar Hills. It has 4500 sq. ft. 7 bedrooms 3 1/2 bathrooms. The kitchen is absolutely gorgeous. It has dark granite counter tops and nice dark wood cabinets. It has double ovens(something I've always dreamed of having) and stainless steel appliances. And ALL of this for $242,900. What is the catch you might ask for such a big house for such a low price...Well it is a bank owned house and the owners who previously lived in it before it was taken from them trashed the place pretty hardcore(I didn't even know these people and I was disappointed in them...I guess people show their true colors in situations like this). We are fairly certain that most of the damage done is cosmetic which is a huge plus. The task of repairing and cleaning up everything is daunting though. Aside from purposely not cleaning up their messes they purposely spilled things on the ground(some of the stains looked like urine and I'm hoping it's just soda...), punched many many holes in the walls, busted one of the toilets, took all the light fixtures down, removed some of the doors and I think damaged them, ripped their plasma tv off the wall and I am convinced that some of the holes in the walls were from them chucking their pool balls at the wall(you could tell by the furniture marks that they had a pool table) judging by the fact that there are circular holes in the walls in places that are impossible to reach without a ladder. Underneath all that madness there is a really nice house though. There are brand new wood floors. Like I said the kitchen is AMAZING! It's got a large master bedroom with a large master bath. It has two brand new water heaters and a new furnace. The layout is fairly normal compared to a lot of the other houses we saw yesterday. And even though the carpet is terribly stained once the carpets get cleaned it will be really nice carpet. The house is on a sort of small lot but at the center of the subdivision there is a really large park with lots of grass and a play area, so that makes up for not having a lot of back yard. So that is the dealio with the house. We find out more about it on Monday and if the history report is good we will probably have the place inspected. :S

2 comments:

Christine said...

wow...that sounds amazing. that is definitely a steal! it's too bad that the previous owners were such weenies, though. boo on them.

it will be really exciting if you guys choose to buy it!! if you do really consider it, you should post pictures...

:)

Jill said...

Oh my heavens, that sounds awesome! That sounds like a huge house so hopefully your family can come live with you guys. I hope everything works out for you guys and don't worry, you'll still be close enough to us that we can still hang out. Unless you are moving to get away from us...then bummer. Let me know what happens. :)