Sunday, April 12, 2009

None were with Him

I'm not really sure where to begin with what I want to say but I just want to talk a little about what has gone on for me this week. I probably should start with this past general conference. There were some really beautiful talks and I found it interesting how many of the talks were about enduring the loss of loved ones. It is amazing to me to think of how inspired these men are to say the things they say. I have had two friends who have endured one of the most terrible trials I can think of and my heart just aches for them and I cry for them. Watching Conference I thought how perfect the words of these men of God were. How inspired they must have been to know that these friends of mine and others need these comforting words. How much it comforted me and made me stronger and more understanding.

Of all the talks though I have to say the one that touched me most was by Elder Holland. Oh how beautiful and touching were his words. How strongly I felt his spirit bearing testimony of Christ. My testimony was truly strengthened by his talk. Then later on in the week I found out that my really good friend Robyn's sister passed away. My heart has been aching so badly for my friend and I wish so badly that I could be in Idaho with her.

When I got home from my in-laws today I checked my email and I had two messages. I looked at the first one that came and it was Heather Warner Smith's obituary. After reading the obituary I started crying and wondering how someone so young could deal with so much pain and heartache. And I started thinking that I will never see Heather ever again on this earth and how heart wrenching that is. Amidst my tears I opened up my next email and it was a video clip of a section of Elder Hollands talk from Conference. I can't do Elder Hollands words any justice so I am going to post the clip.

I am so very very grateful for the Savior. I am so grateful for His infinite atonement and the knowledge I have of it. No matter how hard our trials are on this Earth there is one person who truly truly has felt our every pain, who truly knows what we are feelings and who can truly help us. I am grateful that because of the Savior Heather will be made perfect. Her body will be cancer-less and she will have her leg back. She will get to be with her son and her husband throughout eternity and she will be a Goddess. I am grateful that because of the Savior we can find comfort in saying goodbye to our dear loved ones and know that it is not the end and we will see them again. I am grateful for this Easter season that has helped me remember the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and the absolute love He has for us that He suffered Himself to be utterly and completely alone only to save a world of imperfect souls. I love my Savior and I love this Gospel!

I Lived in Heaven

I lived in Heaven a long time ago it is true;
Lived there and loved there with people I know so did you.
Then Heavenly Father presented a beautiful plan,
All about earth and eternal salvation for man.

Father said he needed someone who had enough love
To give his life so we all could return there above.
There was another who sought for the honor divine.
Jesus said "Father send me and the glory be thine."

Jesus was chosen and as the Messiah he came,
Conquering evil and death through his glorious name,
Giving us hope of a wonderful life yet to be
Home in that heaven where Father is waiting for me.

No comments: