Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My little munchkin

I thought I'd just give an update on how Audree is doing. I am so proud of her. She is just a smart little baby.

-At long last Audree is crawling! She doesn't quite have the hands and knees crawling down but she has the army crawl pretty down pat. Sometimes she will get on her hands and knees then go to her hands and feet and stick her little bum in the air.
-She has now become an expert at walking along things. Her favorite thing to do recently is to open up our dresser drawers and pull herself up. She'll walk along the two bottom dresser drawers and then she'll make the transition from the dresser to the computer that is next to the dresser and then onto a box of DI stuff next to that. She really likes to do this and I really like that she can do it and give me time to get some stuff done.
-Audree now eats animal crackers and baby toast. She still likes her fruits and veggies and is starting to suck on cooked whole carrots(but we definitely have to watch her). Every once in a while we give her a taste of our food so she can experience other things that we will soon give her more of. And we have exposed her to some sweet foods like chocolate and other such desserts so she wont end up like her cousin who didn't have any dessert/sugar period until after she was two and now everytime she wants it she turns into a complete spazzo and doesn't eat her dinner and ends up with like 5 timeouts.
-Though this has nothing to do with Audree's abilities she is starting to grow some hair! Hallelujah. Her hair is really blonde so sometimes it's hard to see but it is definitely there and growing.
-She is still doing about the same when it comes to standing by herself. She can do it but really doesn't care to. Sometimes we'll catch her standing for almost a minute but then we try and do it again and she just leans. She'll get there though :)
-Audree is now cutting her top front teeth. I wasn't sure why she was being a stinker lately and waking up in the night(which is normal and we let her cry herself to sleep except this time she wasn't falling back asleep) but yesterday I saw the corner of one of her top teeth starting to peek through. It hasn't managed to poke through entirely but hopefully it will soon.
-My little sweetheart now has a few words under her belt. She says ouch, and dad(not daddy, dad) mama, dat(which is her way of saying take me there/I want that) and she doesn't say hi but she waves. Aside from these words she babbles and babbles jibberish all day long.
-Along with saying "dat" she loves to point.
-I'm not quite sure what Audree's stats are. She will have her 9 month appointment on the 21st. But I do know that she is a solid baby and probably weighs a good 23 pounds. She is definitely a very healthy baby and we love that about her. I will put her stats up on the 21st. I have a feeling that she didn't grow very tall but she probably got heavier. :)
-Audree is a big fan of Veggietales. It is the only show I have seen her watch for 15 minutes straight. Her morning regulars aren't quite as entertaining but consist of The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, My Friends Tigger and Pooh, Handy Manny and Little Einsteins. Her attention doesn't last for more than 5 minutes but every once and a while she'll pay attention.
-And not really the last thing that she does but the last thing i am going to post, Audree gets cuter and cuter everyday. Her eyes get bluer and bluer everyday. And she gets smarter and smarter everyday! We just love our little Audree, MUAH!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yay, little Audree is crawling! What a fun stage. Now you can't just ditch her, she can follow you and get into trouble. :) Sounds like she is doing well. And as for those teeth, a little baby tylonol will help her feel better (if you are okay with giving your child drugs.)