Thursday, April 23, 2009

Not the best of days

*Warning- this post has a lot to do with being a girl and may elaborate a tad on those things

This has sort of been a blah week for me. It seems like the little things that go wrong all add up and make things seem terrible. The blah-ness started with some pretty exaggerated pre-period symptoms. Within like a day my face popped out like 10 zits and painful ones at that and among the other things
-anxiety accompanied with heart palpitations not always caused by any thought or situation but more often unexplained and random
-mood swings...often times ending in crying
-irritability at a widespread of minor-major things
-fatigue...by the end of the afternoon I would have no energy left in me and just felt exhausted
-some mild headaches
-many many many painful knots in my back and kneck
-a lump in my breast about the size of a grape that I am probably gonna have to go get checked out(we are waiting til after my period to see if it goes away cuz that will mean it is just a hormonal thing. I am praying that it is).
- and painful and constant cramps for 3 straight days

If the PMS is not enough it has been 3 months since I had my toenail clipped because it was ingrown and now that the nail is almost grown back it is ingrown again. The doctor said there was only a 10% chance that it would happen again and lucky me I am part of that 10% statistic. GRRR, the wrong side of the statistic to be on. I worked up 4 months of anxiety before I got it fixed the first time and though the procedure wasn't as bad as I thought it would be it was painful and put me out of commission for a couple weeks. I now dread it again and am building up a decent amount of anxiety.

Today we found out that the offer we made on a house was officially denied. I tried really hard to not let myself get excited about the house cuz stuff like this rarely seems to work out but it seemed like the odds were all in our favor and I let myself get really excited about it. About having double ovens...about having more space for our stuff and having a larger master bedroom and master bathroom and space to build up food storage and a basement to entertain and have our projector set up. So I let myself get excited. Cedar Hills is a lot nicer place to live then Springville. The subdivision was great and had a nice large park. There wasn't a whole lot to not be excited about...the distance is close enough to still hang out with our friends and it would shorten the length of the trip to Sandy we make every other week...lots of positives. So yesterday while we were writing up our offer I had a feeling that it would not be accepted and last night I really felt that it wouldn't be accepted especially after we learned that 4 offers were already made on the place. This morning we found out that we were not accepted and I got really sad and my toe is hurting real bad and it I really just don't have a strong hold on my emotions so I feel worse then I can even explain

Aside from the pain of my swollen red toe and the fact that our offer on the house was denied today has been a spectacular day... :S Well definitely not spectacular but my day was made a lot better by having lunch at Tucanos with the Gants. It was unfortunately a little crowded today but I was filled by all the tasty meat and fruit and salad. I started feeling better about not having our offer accepted and me and Mark even started talking about the possibility of just building our own place that way we get things how WE want them like a large kitchen and a large master bed/bath and a media area. Around utah though those things only seem to come with the half a million plus homes. So right as I started feeling better we learned that the offer that was accepted on the house was cancelled and we are free to resubmit an offer. Hahahahahaha! I just knew something like that would happen....now I just don't know how I feel and I am a mess of emotions. We resubmitted our offer for 5,000 higher and we'll see how it goes. I am not sure what I think right now. 24 hours and we should find out, again, if our offer is accepted. What an emotional roller coaster buying a house can be.

Here's to hoping that my day will end better by the Jazz wiping out the LAME-O Lakers. :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Bummer about everything. That stinks that your toe is headed in a bad direction. Just remember last time the procedure wasn't as bad as you thought so don't let yourself get too worried. I'm sure it will all go alright. That's crazy about the house. Hopefully your offer will be accepted this time. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a lot of stress!
I can commiserate with the period stuff. Not fun! I finally broke down and got on birth control (the nuva ring) and my symptoms are gone... it's amazing. No other side effects either (the pill made me a crazy woman).
Good luck on the house, it sounds awesome.