Thursday, April 9, 2009

Trying to understand


Sometimes I don't understand why some things happen. Why some people act the way they do. I am often left wondering what happened...am I such a hard person to like? Is the fact that I am living annoying to some people? Why do things seem to go...I dunno, weird maybe, right at the worst of times when seemingly nothing possibly could have happened to make it so? I may not understand all the reasons why things go down the way they do but I do know that I am grateful for the friends that I have that enjoy spending time with me and make time to be my friend. Especially since getting married and being in an interesting family ward it was hard to make friends and often i felt like I had none. I am grateful for Jill. I am grateful that by chance we were both asked to bring a new mom some dinner and we were able to talk and found that we both wanted someone to hang out with. That friendship came at a great time and I have been grateful for the continued friendship. I mean who else would I go to the Cheesecake Factory or Tucanos with? :) I just wanna say thank you Jill for being a consistent friend and not being flakey! And thank you to all of my other friends who make time to be my friend even if it is by the little things like commenting on my blog, writing me on facebook or texting me. And even though I am not living in Idaho I am grateful for all my friends there. I am grateful for Ashley and Robyn. It was truly therapeutic to see you guys over conference weekend. I am going to end with one of my favorite Disney movie songs :)

That's What Friends Are For

We're your friends
We're your friends
We're your friends to the bitter end

When you're alone
Who comes around
To pluck you up
When you are down
And when you're outside, looking in
Who's there to open the door?
That's what friends are for!

Who's always eager to extend
A friendly claw?
That's what friends are for!

And when you're lost in dire need
Who's at your side at lightning speed?
We're friends of every creature
Comin' down the pike
In fact we never met an animal
We didn't like, didn't like

So you can see
We're friends in need
And friends in need
Are friends indeed
We'll keep you safe
In the jungle forevermore
That's what friends are for!
Oh and don't worry, I didn't forget my best friend of all, my husband Mark. I love you! muah

2 comments:

Mark said...

Awww, thanks. I'm thankful for you and love you too.

Jill said...

Thanks Sami. I'm really glad we are friends too. You know, you shouldn't post things like that when you know I'm emotionally unstable right now. (You know, pregnancy does that to ya.) I really like hanging out with you and hope we can keep it up. See you tomorrow! :)